1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any bloggers? Need advice..

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by powderfinger, Dec 30, 2011.

1. powderfinger

powderfinger

Feb 24, 2009
    So, I would like to start up a blog. I was thinking of doing cd, concert, and movie reviews... witty, clever... just to amuse me and whoever decides to read it.

I tried to start a blog on Word Press, but it wasnt, IMO, user friendly enough. It was hard to "tag" your blogs, etc. I was wondering what are some of the more user friendly, popular blog sites? Any ideas?

2. powderfinger

powderfinger

Feb 24, 2009
    And yes, eventually, Id like to get a lot of readers!

3. Selta

Selta

Feb 6, 2002
    Pacific Northwet
    Total fanboi of: Fractal Audio, AudiKinesis Cabs, Dingwall basses
    Hard area to break into and stand out... there's just an overwhelming amount of "review" blogs out there. Good luck in that endeavor though. WordPress is, IMO, one of the best blog systems out there though. Quite customizable and quite user friendly.

4. A few years ago I tried blogging, and I came to the conclusion that it's one of those things that requires constant attention, or else it will die. So since I ignored it for long stretches of time, it eventually shriveled up and died, like a plant. Maybe I'll try again someday, but not for a few more years.

5. john grey

john grey

Apr 19, 2011
    Oracle, Arizona
    I will use my verbiage very carefully as I want to express something specific.
    Many people notice that they do their consistent best at things they love. It doesn't mean one's ONLY love but the one that is specific in a genre'. If I were to write about a subject, maintain that writing and maintain a public Blog environment, I would generally write about "what" I love. Negative passions come and go but love - true love, stays on. What many folks have a hobby that they love, a long lasting hobby, they do their best at it. This is different than a momentary passion.
    It's like marriage. One may date a lot of individuals but the one you marry may not be the best looking, the best cook, the greatest intellect.....but they are the best at being themselves and that person is the one you "Love". My suggestion is keep it positive.