Any Blues Brothers Fans?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Microbass, Jun 24, 2004.

1. I picked up a few mp3's a few days ago and this stuff is awesome!
    I'm going to order the movies when I see them in stock on the site i shop on usually.

anyone else a fan of the movies/music?

are all the songs in the movies covers? their cover of "jailhouse rock" is great! and i love "sweet home chicago".

any other fans? :)
  2. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    I liked the movies.
    That cop car crash was shweet!
  3. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    The movie and both their albums are classic.

Get them.
  4. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I've got "Briefcase Full of Blues" (IIRC, that's the name), it's really good.

Also, Sweet Home Chicago is a classic blues tune. Robert Johnson did that way back in the 20's and 30's. Great song, that.
  5. The movie was originally supposed to take place in my area, the Quad Cities (Rock Island, Moline, East Moline, Davenport) but RI wouldnt fork over any cash to help with it. So, they changed it to Chicago, some 3 hours away, across state. Remember the line about "..going to Davenport"? yea.
  6. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    Wonder why they were gonna set the movies there? Chicago or St. Louis makes sense, because of the huge ties to the blues those two cities have. Never heard any blues guys out of Rhode Island. :D

I think Susan Tedeschi's from Boston, though; and she's got about as bluesy a voice as I've ever heard from a white girl. She's awesome.
  8. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
  9. elros

Apr 24, 2004
    Proprietor, Helland Musikk Teknologi
    Any Blues Brothers Fans?

Tip: When buying the movie: get the extended version DVD.
    Movie is longer and better, interviews with musicians and stuff. At least on the one I got.
  10. The Blues Brothers is an essential DVD IMHO.
    And the music is good too.
  11. TxBass

Jul 3, 2002
    Frisco, Texas
    Best version of "Stand By Your Man" ever recorded :D :D
  12. matt bass

matt bass

Apr 28, 2003
    Staffs, England
    Not only do i love the Blues Brothers, so does my music teacher running the school band.

We get to play quite a few Blues Brothers tunes :D

Gotta love Duck
  13. Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    + 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000.02 or so!
  14. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Seeing the Blues Brothers is what made me want to play saxophone. Blue Lou Marino - that dude can play! I switched to bass a few years later, so I guess I can credit the Blues Brothers for getting me into music.

"Look at you, in your candy assed monky suits."
  15. has ANYONE ever seen blues brothers 2000? you know.... the sequel? anyone? anyone?

i didn't think so.

the original rawks face.
  16. Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    I have.

And all I will say is they should of just had John Popper as "the kid". The whole "the kid" thing pissed me off almost as much as in the phantom minus.
  17. Is the DVD still available? I had to buy a used copy. Love it, by the way.
  18. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    The Rock Island Line is a mighty good line, I hear. ;)

The band Roomful of Blues were/are from Rhode Island.
  19. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    I love that line. I think I creased the VHS tape playing that one over and over.
  20. Boplicity

Boplicity Supporting Member

Actually I DID see the sequel, both in the theater and in my home as I have the video and the soundtrack. While the story may not match that of the original movie, I really do love the sound track and the sequences in which many of blues top players jam.

I am also touched by the fact that this was Junior Wells "last stand", so to speak, as he dies shortly after the movie was released. I' m a big fan of Wells.
    I wish Blues Traveler could have had a bigger role in the movie. I also liked the gospel sequences. Maybe I am the ONLY fan of Blues Brothers 2000. It saddens me to think that there may never be another Blues Brothers movie.