1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any blues groups in STL?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by lopxtc, Jul 20, 2007.

1. lopxtc

lopxtc

Jan 18, 2007
    St. Louis, MO
    Hey all ...

Im still a beginner learning how to play, but my focus is blues style bass and I was wondering how the blues crowd is in the STL area. Figured I would check around in this forum and see if there are any blues groups that frequent here and try to get any insight I could.

Thanks ...

Aaron

2. redstrand

redstrand

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    There's a ton of bands.

Soulard Blues Band
    Rondo's Blues Deluxe

are two standards to go see.

Check the Riverfront Times and see who is playing in the Soulard area...the bars usually only book blues bands.

http://www.riverfronttimes.com/

3. lopxtc

lopxtc

Jan 18, 2007
    St. Louis, MO
    You know I totally didnt even think about the Soulard area ... man I need to get down there more.

Thanks ...

Aaron

4. redstrand

redstrand

May 18, 2007
    Saint Louis, MO
    Fool For Four Strings
    There are so many pockets of great music in this town. Don't forget to check on who is playing in the loop...Blueberry Hill is a great place (especially the Duck Room).

5. lopxtc

lopxtc

Jan 18, 2007
    St. Louis, MO
    Yeah Im down in the loop a lot to listen to a friend of mine play with Javier, the wife wants me to go to the Red Sea to catch some reggae with her.

Been to Blueberry Hill a couple times, although that was before I starting learning to play. Since I have started learning to play I find that my music interests have grown and expanded and I am getting away from what used to be my norm of music that I listened to and enjoyed.

Aaron

6. lopxtc

lopxtc

Jan 18, 2007
    St. Louis, MO
    And to keep this thread more in line with the forum topic ...

If there are any blues groups in STL willing to take a fledgling bassist under the wing by all means let me know :)

Or if anyone starting out in other instruments is looking to play blues let me know :)

Aaron