1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any BMW 328i Coupe drivers? What gear fits in the trunk?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by pstyle, Apr 30, 2010.

1. Hey Guys,

I just bought a '09 BMW 328i Coupe and was wondering who else drives this car and what kind of amps will fit in this?

I coming from a Mazda3 hatckback which fit my huge GK RBH410 perfectly but now I obviously have to step down to a 210 or something similar.

Just want to see if anyone else has any experience with this car.

Thanks.

2. HDW325IS

HDW325IS

Jul 21, 2009
    I drive a BMW 325ic.

3. Cool... can you give me some insight about what amps can fit in the trunk? 210's, 212's?

4. HDW325IS

HDW325IS

Jul 21, 2009
    I drive a 325ic but I transport my gear in my Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. Idon't think I could get much more then a small combo in the bimmer, maybe a 210 and sma;; head.

5. wcriley

wcriley

Apr 5, 2010
    Western PA
    I had a 325ic (convertable) for a few years. Because so much of the trunk was taken up by the top, I couldn't put anything big in there.

No problem getting a 4x10 and other large items in the back seat...as long as the weather was nice and I put the top down.:bag:

6. Yea I'm sure i'll miss the utility of my Mazda3 hatchback... but the beemer is sooo sexy.

BMW328i003.

7. RexNFX79

RexNFX79

Jan 12, 2009
    TENNESSEE

Sure this thread wasn't an excuse to show off that smokin' car? ;)

8. pfft
    coupe for a bassist ?..
    i hope your gear is worth more than the car..otherwise you can no longer call yourself a musician :bag:

9. rbonner

rbonner

Sep 25, 2008
    put a trailer hitch on it and I'll sell you my spare 12X7 dual axel enclosed scooter trailer. Haul the whole band and never worry.

BOB

10. Altitude

Altitude An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure. Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    I have a 545, which is at the dealer today for some maintenance. It turns out that I got a 328xi coupe as a loaner. I like the 3 series coupe platform very much; if I were to buy another car right now, that would probably be the one. I must admit, though - the 328 gives up 100 horsepower to the 545, and I do feel it.

11. Buchada Azeda

Buchada Azeda

Mar 25, 2009
    Brazil
    I'm pretty sure this belongs in OT. Nice rides, though; my dream is to have a white 328i.

12. No but seriously... gimme some loud compact 2x10 suggestions. Any Avatar B210 owners that can comment on its compactness?

13. RexNFX79

RexNFX79

Jan 12, 2009
    TENNESSEE

+1 HAHA!

14. mini cooper driver here....and I use ampeg amps:confused:

15. Altitude

Altitude An ounce of perception, a pound of obscure. Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Denver, nee Austin
    Actually, I do have a B210. It's neither large nor small as a 210, and I haven't tried to put it into the 3-series' trunk. It's a great cab though!

16. suraj

suraj

Oct 1, 2008
    Mumbai, India
    why would you use a car like that to transport gear..!! You'll probably ruin the seats with heavy equipment which has these steel corners and what not that can tear it..!! you should get a used truck and carry a few 4x12's:bassist:

17. Interceptor

Interceptor

Mar 29, 2005
    Madison, WI
    I dig the 3's, but own a 540.

Markbass 121 ought to fit.

18. jasonbraatz

jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    I bet you can haul a lot more in your Mini than he will be able to in his BMW. :cool:

Drive what you want, especially if it's not your main gig transportation or you're not gigging, but it always makes me chuckle when someone buys a car and then realizes none of their stuff fits in it, especially when it's a car like a coupe that really can't haul anything at all.

Hell, I took my upright with me when I was checking out cars a few years ago to make sure it fit before forking over the cash. Now it's nothing but wagons for me.

oab3ts.

19. testing1two

testing1two Supporting Member

Feb 25, 2009
    Southern California
    I too have a 325ci and I haul a Bergantino IP112 + HT112 with ease along with a 4 space rack (PA Power amp), cable case, tool box, pedalboard, preamp, mic stand bag, and 3 basses.

20. oerk

oerk

Oct 16, 2009
    Bavaria
    Man, I love cars, but being able to haul around a lot of gear is always a higher priority for me than having a nice car.

My small station wagon fits our whole rhythm section - meaning, a 4x10, a 1x15, a 4U rack, two basses, my suitcase with cables/stands etc., the drummer and me. Oh, and a drumkit that has everything except for a second bass drum.