1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any bridges that offer 14mm spacing?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by shoulderpet, Oct 13, 2017.

1. shoulderpet

shoulderpet

Sep 24, 2015
    I have a Squier jaguar bass that is not getting used that much as since getting into Hofner basses recently i much prefer the Hofner 14mm spacing, was wondering if there are any aftermarket bridges i can use that can be adjusted to 14mm spacing ? Thanks

2. bholder

bholder Affable Sociopath Supporting Member

Sep 2, 2001
    Vestal, NY
    Received a gift from Sire* (see sig)
    I think the Schaller roller bridge maybe can go that narrow, or check out Hipshot - they have custom spacing available on some of their bridges for not much extra - not sure any go that narrow, though, the A style only goes to 16.5mm spacing. I know there are others that will though, because I bought one for my old Musicmaster restoration project - just not remembering now (must have more coffee!).

3. bench

bench

Dec 28, 2007
    Germany
    Monorails...

4. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Heck at that spacing you could probably convert it to a 5 string.

5. JRA

JRA my words = opinion Supporting Member

i don't think the schallers will allow the spacing to be that narrow. mine won't.

good luck! :thumbsup:

6. Bob_Ross

Bob_Ross Gold Supporting Member

Dec 29, 2012
    I just answered this in another thread yesterday: Kahler 24xx-series bass bridges will go down to 14mm. Actually, even a tiny tiny bit narrower than that.

And no, the Schaller roller bridge won't do it. You might be able to get any two adjacent strings to within 14mm of one another, but you can't get all four uniformly spaced at 14mm.

7. shoulderpet

shoulderpet

Sep 24, 2015
    Thanks,i will have a look at the Kahler bridges

Bob_Ross likes this.