Any Camel fans out there?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by vyvyn mtl, Dec 27, 2005.

1. vyvyn mtl

vyvyn mtl

Dec 26, 2005
    I love Camel! Snowgoose! Would be nice to chat w/ other Camel fans. I don't meet many people who have heard of them. W i'm new to this internet stuff
  2. Kazuki

Aug 14, 2004
    I do enjoy Camel, myself. I think my favorite album from theirs is Moonmadness... Nice 70s rock goody.
  3. PhR

Dec 13, 2005
    Great band. I love the phase when Richard Sinclair was their bassist and singer (Rain Dances - A Live Record - Breathless). A great player and singer.
  4. Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    I love their first few albums. I haven't listened to anything with Richard Sinclair much though - I'll check it out!
  5. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    Ooh yeah, you betcha! So smooth, so melodic... Remember the time when melody was common? I admit, I often miss the 70's... :(

BTW, I caught the Camel set at the NEARfest show in Trenton, NJ a couple years ago - not too long after Peter Bardens' passing, in fact. Andy Latimer was the only original member (Colin Bass on...bass! ;)), but it was still a treat to hear them live...

Here's a link, in case anyone's curious...

6. Moo

Moo Banned

Dec 14, 2002
    Oakland, CA
    I like Camel and Love Richard Sinclair but I like him better with Hatfield & the North. He's also pretty far out front on Gowen Miller Sinclair & Tompkins/Before a Word Is Said.
  7. PeaceFrog

Aug 25, 2004
    Los Angeles, CA
    Excellent progressive rock band, really like the CD "Snow Goose", and the one about the dust bowl.
  8. Earthday

Sep 22, 2005
    New Hampshire
    70's Camel is some amazing stuff. The rest is meh.

Still, a very underappreciated band. They were really just as good as King Crimson and all their other 70's prog friends.
  9. Gotta check them out. Can you recommend a cd?
  10. Mystic Michael

Mystic Michael Hip No Ties

Apr 1, 2004
    New York, NY
    The Snow Goose
    Rain Dances

11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I'm pretty new to Camel, but I do agree... they should have been better known in the prog realm.
  12. Thanks!!!
  13. Ya, I just recently got into Camel.. anyone heard of Ohm? (sorry for the hijack)
  14. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Good stuff - I have 1 or 2 bootleg shows of theirs.