Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any car guys here?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by WickdMOnkey, Jan 7, 2005.

1. WickdMOnkey

WickdMOnkey

Nov 18, 2003
    Illinois
    Hey guys I was just wondering if there were any car guys here? I am a car nut. I love all kinds domestics, imports, exotics. I am really into imports but that is mainly because they are affordable and the aftermarket is going nuts with them right now. I would love to have an old Mopar but its just not feisable right now. Maybe few years down the road. I just graduated college so I really don't have a car to work on right now since I am still driving around my dodge, but I hope to get a new car this summer. I am looking at the Subaru WRX but nothing is set in stone.

Anyway I just thought I would ask to see who shares my other interest besides music.

2. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    You should do a search...there are car threads here pretty often we had a couple going recently.

brad cook

3. Well, we just finished that mega thread about which car is the best (I STILL think a Porsche 904 beats everything for performance AND looks) Mike N is a race car driver (dragster, actually) plus there are several of us, me included, who work on our own cars.

Just do a search for car threads. My god, that's a LOT of answers!!! We talk about cars almost as much as we do women and basses!!:D

Rock on
    Eric

4. WickdMOnkey

WickdMOnkey

Nov 18, 2003
    Illinois
    Oh ok, sorry about the repost guys. Thanks.

5. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Mike N is also a professional mechanic.

brad cook

6. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Why yes, I am, indeed, half car, half man.

7. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    I have a car

:bag:

8. JTbass

JTbass

Jul 2, 2004
    Asutin TX
    i drive a 68 firebird. i just baught a new engine and transmition for it. next is brakes, suspension, exhaust, bodywork, paint, interior, sterio etc. ive had the car for 7 years now (its my first car) and i just now have money to spend on it. im not a mechanic by any means, but i do know a lot about my car and im learnig all the time. eventualy i want to be able to do all the work on it myself.

i love my car weve had a lot of good times together. im never ever selling it. ever.

oh yeah, girls realy like it too.

9. Let me interest you in a well-travelled 94 Grand Marquis. Why you could bond with it every day...since it has now truly entered the "Fix Or Repair Daily" realm. What an opportunity... to become one with the zen-like world of replacing every bloody thing on the beast..... :D

10. WickdMOnkey

WickdMOnkey

Nov 18, 2003
    Illinois
    LOL! I will respectfully decline on that offer.

11. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Oh yeah?

I am a MOG....half man, half dog. I am my own best friend.

**Anyone know the movie that came from?**

-Mike

12. JTbass

JTbass

Jul 2, 2004
    Asutin TX
    space balls

"bring only what you need to survive"

"somewhere in the Ford Galixy"

"i always drink coffe when i whatch radar"

"yogart, I hate yogart. even with strawberries."

"or pizza's gonna send out for you"

"make way for dark helmet"

"i didn't see you playing with your dolls again sir."

"c'mon schwarts, c'mon schwarts"

"i hate it when my schwarts gets twisted"

i could go on all night

13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    WOW! I guess so. I just saw that movie the other day, and that line stood out to me still.

-Mike

14. JTbass

JTbass

Jul 2, 2004
    Asutin TX
    yeah me and a friend were almost Barf and Lone Star for haloween. but i went as a lucha libre wrestler instead cause we were too lazy. my friend was a jedi.

15. smitcat

smitcat

Aug 5, 2003
    Ithaca, NY
    ive got a bagged 98 chevy s10 w/ 18's. I posted pics of it on a show your vehicle thread. I have always gone back and forth on whether i spent my time/money on my truck or on bass. I still love my truck, and enjoy the hobby. I go to car/truck shows, and work on mine with my friends. But I realized that playing music is on a whole different level. i spend my time now on really trying to learn rather than just messing around. I wanted to learn something and be good at it rather than just own something that looked cool.
    But i still love custom vehicles!

16. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    I drive a car that is outlawed in TB:(

17. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    I'm pretty heavy into drag racing and lifted trucks. And like Brad mentioned, I turn wrenches for a living.

I'm not much for the import scene, though.

18. I could kiss you!...

but i won't because the guys down at the lube rack would just get jealous!

I grew up a car nut but after 12 years of racing, I completely burned myself out on the performance aspect of the sport. I can talk a good game now but the fire isn't there anymore.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to best market an old Dodge motorhome I've got to sell. It's got a nice running 440 in it but the whole thing is only worth about $1500. So, do I aim at selling to a hunter or surfer as a weekend getaway, or do I target a rabid Mopar fan with a 71 Challenger in his basement that's screamin' for something with a few more geeters than the 318 in his Dart?

19. Big time drag racing fan here....

[​IMG]