Any Carvin RC210 owners wanna help an idiot ??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JerryR, May 13, 2001.

1. JerryR

Jan 27, 2000
    South Carolina
    First off let me give a shout out to Carvin...........My red eye blew out the diaphram and a phone call later a replacement was on the way.
    Problem is , that in my haste to replace the diaphram I yanked the thing out without taking note of the wiring connections. I know, I know....flame me ok !!

Anyone Know which is the + and - ??
    One wire is blue, the other is white.
  2. rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon

Man, I hate it when I do sh** like that!! So... To help a fellow TB'er out, I just now went down and dismantled my RC210. I am assuming that you're talking about the tweeter. I do not see any markings as to '+' or '-', but there is a red dot painted on the magnet, which I assume to be '+'. The blue wire is attached to the 'red dot' side, the white to the other side...

On that note, I decided to pull a speaker, just to check, (Any comments on my selfless sacrifice to help out are appreciated :D), and the wires were red and white, with the red definitely connected to the positive '+' terminal. Logically, that tells me that white is the common ground, '-'...

3. Reid

Aug 25, 2000
    Oakville, Ontario
    Good effort!
  4. JerryR

Jan 27, 2000
    South Carolina
    Thanks guys,.....A+++ on the effort Rob.

This is the reason forums like this were created and why they will continue to thrive.