Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any Carvin RC210 owners wanna help an idiot ??

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by JerryR, May 13, 2001.

1. JerryR

JerryR

Jan 27, 2000
    South Carolina
    First off let me give a shout out to Carvin...........My red eye blew out the diaphram and a phone call later a replacement was on the way.
    Problem is , that in my haste to replace the diaphram I yanked the thing out without taking note of the wiring connections. I know, I know....flame me ok !!

Anyone Know which is the + and - ??
    One wire is blue, the other is white.

2. rllefebv

rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    Jerry,

Man, I hate it when I do sh** like that!! So... To help a fellow TB'er out, I just now went down and dismantled my RC210. I am assuming that you're talking about the tweeter. I do not see any markings as to '+' or '-', but there is a red dot painted on the magnet, which I assume to be '+'. The blue wire is attached to the 'red dot' side, the white to the other side...

On that note, I decided to pull a speaker, just to check, (Any comments on my selfless sacrifice to help out are appreciated :D), and the wires were red and white, with the red definitely connected to the positive '+' terminal. Logically, that tells me that white is the common ground, '-'...

HTH,
    -robert

3. Reid

Reid

Aug 25, 2000
    Oakville, Ontario
    Good effort!

4. JerryR

JerryR

Jan 27, 2000
    South Carolina
    Thanks guys,.....A+++ on the effort Rob.

This is the reason forums like this were created and why they will continue to thrive.