Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any Christian Music Players in here?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by chance6245, Oct 9, 2000.

1. chance6245

chance6245

Sep 25, 2000
    What rig do you use?

What groups or songs are you into?

2. JohnL

JohnL

Sep 20, 2000
    Grayson, GA
    At least one out here! Welcome aboard. You can check out the rig info by clicking the "profile" button above the post. My band does about half originals, the rest is mainly whatever's hot at the time. (Third Day, Jennifer Knapp, Jars, Audio Adrenaline) On the original stuff, stylistically we are probably closest to Big Tent Revival. You ought to finish your profile so we can see what you are into!! :oops:)

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Does that count?
    :D

Seriously, I play in an oldies band, and I am also involved in a Christian originals band, somewhere between hard rock and metal.

And I play bass at church as well, praise and worship type stuff.

See my profile for what I've got so far, planning on an Eden Metro before too long, and will add a D115XLT to that afterwards.

4. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    Me, too.

Chris A.:rolleyes:

5. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    I had posted something that was in retrospect harsh. So I pulled it. My profile states that my band is LCF this is my church and I play in the music group I dont listen to much Christian music. I mainly listen to mainstream Indie. I prefer to disuss all things Christian via e-mail.

6. punk182

punk182

Oct 9, 2000
    Does anyone have a christian band? Mine is called " Technical Difficulties " and play punk songs. We just need a drummer...anyone interested? If so call: (618)252-0548

7. nanook

nanook

Feb 9, 2000
    Alaska
    I'm a Christian but don't play Christian style music. Does that count?

8. chance6245

chance6245

Sep 25, 2000
    Thanks for the feedback. If anyone gets a chance check out a CD by a guy named Lincoln Brewster. I caught him in concert the other night and he blew me away. He is sort of a cross between Vertical Horizon and Goo Goo Dolls but his songs have a message. His playing was unbelieveable. His drummer was Will Denton(drummer for Steven Curtis Chapman).

Thanks.

CHANCE

9. White_Knight

White_Knight

Mar 19, 2000
    USA
    Hey, I'm in here with you guys too! :)
    I mainly play with a group of friends for my church (which means hymns usually, though every once in awhile we get to play some more upbeat stuff). You can check out my rig in my profile - it's nothing too spectacular, but it sounds great with my bass and has enough power to get the job done.

I rarely get the chance to play this stuff live, but I practice to Five Iron Frenzy, The Supertones, DC Talk, and The Newsboys. All good stuff.

10. Hey there! I'm a Christian and I play bass and g****r at church. My bass rig: Zon Sonus 5 with Lane Poors, Trace Elliot V-Type Preamp, Stewart World 1.2 power amp, Ashdown ABM-115
    funkyc

11. ubersam

ubersam

Oct 12, 2000
    L.A.
    hey all,
    i'm new here and this is my 1st post. i'm a Christian & i play bass in a youth worship team. originally, i'm a guitar player, been playing for e few years less than half my life. i was in a couple of bands, played around l.a. and the strip before this gig. my biggest influences are john petrucci of dream theater, malmsteen, satch, vai & eric johnson. as for bassist; geddy lee [rush], steve harris [iron maiden] & bassists from earth, wind & fire & the gap band. i don't really listen to christian bands unless our music director want's us to learn a new song. i started playing bass out of neccessity. my friend who played guitar mentioned that their bassist was leaving. since i worked with them before [prior to getting kicked out by the previous youth pastor/leader for being in a "rock" band] i volunteered myself since the new youth leader is a good friend and is more open minded. there was an over abundance of guitar players and no one played bass. i felt led to help out in the capacity of a bass player. anyway, check out my profile for my current rig.

sorry, long post

12. phil_chew

phil_chew

Mar 22, 2000
    Asia
    I play mostly stuff from Hosanna/Integrity Music.

My rig - Lakland 5, Eden WT-300, Trace Elliot 1x15" underneath a Trace Elliot 2x10".

My hero - Abe Laboriel, an excellent bassist (first call L.A. sessions bassist in the 70's and 80's) and a committed Christian who is very active in the Christian music industry.

13. I play at a new local church in Va. Beach called Forefront. My "rig" (if you can call it that) is very minimal, but the its good enough for now.

We play all original P&W music in church which is awsome. I got lucky enough to hook up with a incredible song writer. This Tuesday and Wensday we're finishing (mixing) up our newest CD of the stuff we do on Sundays. Just in time to send it out for mastering and packaging before Christmas. (plug, plug). I can't wait till it's finally out, it's been a really long year.

You can check out our other two CD's at http://www.forefront.org.

later,
    Marc

14. Hey! Great to see all of you here! It's good to be connected to brothers and sisters.
    Welcome to all of the new posters too!
    funkyc

15. Hi!!! I too am a believer.I'm currently in the band "Elder". My rig is a 4-string Stingray and an Ampeg PR410-HLF powered by a B-2R.
    Me and the band sure could use some prayer.We've been through some serious hurtful experiences.I can't go into detail,but your prayer would be appreciated.
    To PEZ,I'm going to visit friends and family in Virginia Beach,maybe we can get together.

16. Willie

That would be pretty cool. Send me an e-mail or something.

17. Jeff Corallo

Jeff Corallo

May 30, 2000
    I'm a Christian also and am putting together a band for ministry at parks, etc. It's great to see so many people involved in ministry. I play a Squier bass and have an Ampeg B2R head, Ampeg PR1832HE "Victor Wooten" cab.

18. SlapDaddy

SlapDaddy

Mar 28, 2000
    Me! me! don't forget me! I do 3(!) services on sunday and arrange a 22 piece band, Talk about needing grace....

19. I'm really blessed to meet all you brothers.In a cyber kind of way,this a different form of fellowship.That's cool.I look forward to "meeting" everyone on the web.
    Hey Pez,I'll e-mail you soon!!!
    May YHWH bless you all!!!

20. Look how many of us there are in here! :) I too am a believer.I play mostly in church, mostly contemporary stuff and Integrity music.I'm from the Caribbean though so we play a lot of reggae, calypso, soca and the like. Got me a Yamaha BBN4 but i'm getting a Toby 5 soon. By the way, anybody here into Caribbean style music? Well good to see you guys here.