1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any clue on these Strings?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Rebmo, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Rebmo

Rebmo

Aug 19, 2006
    Wisconsin
    I just bought a G&L L1000 bass used and it has some well used but great sounding strings on it. They seem to be full round wounds but the owner couldn't recall (he thought they were flats but they are not) so not much help there. I am 95% sure they are full rounds. I usually use SIT medium nickel Power wounds and they seem very similar in suface feel. The silk wrap is black. I know it's not much to go on, but if you can tell me what they might be I can research from there. check the pics, black silk wrap on top only, and no taper.

Thanks in advance for any clues.

2. Flatwound

Flatwound Supporting Member

Sep 9, 2000
    San Diego
    I can't say anything definitive, but the Carvin strings I've used have had black silk (the roundwounds), and the LaBella roundwounds I've used have had black silk.

3. Worldeeeter

Worldeeeter Banned

Mar 29, 2010
    Asheville, NC
    LaBella Hard Rockin' Steel strings have black wraps, and they feel GREAT. They're all I play...

4. Rebmo

Rebmo

Aug 19, 2006
    Wisconsin
    Thanks guys, I'll check out the LaBellas and see if they match up. Looks like a .110 E-string so I'll mic it just to be sure.

5. markanini

markanini

Jun 25, 2008
    I've had a Status flats set once that had black silk.