1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Any comments on Expression Pedal for Zoom B3?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Rob Machado, Jan 7, 2017.

1. Greetings,

I run my P-bass through a Zoom B3, and I'm looking to add a Wah pedal to this setup. I currently have an Ibanez Weeping Demon, which in theory, can be used for both guitar and bass by way of a switch on the pedal. While I like this pedal for guitar, I'm not impressed with how it works with bass, and that brings me to my question:

Any experience/comments/feedback on the Zoom FP02M expression pedal when used with a B3?

Amazon.com: Zoom FP02M Expression Pedal: Musical Instruments

Can this be used as a wah pedal with the B3, or is it pretty much only a volume pedal? If you've used it as a wah with the B3, what do you think of it in terms of the sound, feel, and durability of the pedal?

I don't see too many other options for bass Wahs other than the bass Cry Baby, which is about twice the cost of the Zoom pedal, and maybe the Zoom pedal would also have other functions besides volume and wah? I'm not opposed to paying the $130 for the Dunlop pedal, and I like what it puts out from the few times I've heard it used with a bass, but I'd like to look into the option of the Zoom pedal before plunking down any more cash on any more gear.

I'm open to any comments/feedback on the Zoom pedal (or on the Dunlop pedal or if you have a Weeping Demon and have gotten some good sounds out of it).

Thanks!

Rob

2. I use my B3 with expression pedal for Wah , whammy and volume and like the sound and function. Wah sits well in a mix and works really well especially with a drive before or after. I use the Zoom FP02M $60.00 and just the right size for my crowded set up. .

Amazon.com: Zoom FP02M Expression Pedal: Musical Instruments

3. Wfrance3

Wfrance3 Supporting Member

May 29, 2014
    Tulsa, OK
    I used my b3 with a wholly roller hooked up to a onecontrols blender. They have one that when you hook a pedal to it, it will let the pedal act as the blend knob. I suppose you could also put a second pedal hooked up to the b3 directly, but blending back some of the original bass would make it feel way less digitally/synthy, in addition to what the traditional vol/wah would do.

I've moved on my b3 but have this setup on my "home" setup which has a B1ON, same principle.

Hope this helps!