Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any comments on Ken Smith Design basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bassis78, May 16, 2005.

1. Bassis78

Bassis78

Dec 22, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Just wondering if anyone out there has or has played a Ken Smith Design bass. It is his "overseas" model. For the price, they are tempting, but no one around here has any to try out. And I refuse to buy any instrument without playing it first. Any help would be welcomed!! Thanks people. :help: :help: :help:

2. zeronyne

zeronyne Recovering Keyboard Player

Nov 24, 2003
    Chicago
    I have the black fretless 5 in transit...I'll let you know.

3. bazzanderson

bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    The only one I've played was a fretted 5 in natural at a local music store. Looked phenominal, played pretty well (for a 35" scale) and sounded great. Too bad I can't stand 35" scale basses.
    -Bazz-

4. i have the 70's 5 string....excellent bass, one of the best jazz's ive ever played, mine has a badass bridge on it....and ill just say this, i want a 4 string as well...ive gotten a few comments on tone and looks, all good of course, plus i love the satin neck

5. Bassis78

Bassis78

Dec 22, 2003
    Rochester, NY

Heath - you say satin neck...d'you mean it does NOT have that lacquer on it and it feels like newly sanded wood?

6. understand not heath :confused: :confused: :confused: