Any conga players here???

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Chad Michael, Feb 10, 2004.

1. Wondered if anyone has a serious interest in playing congas, has performed live, or has words of wisdom for beginning congueros.

In the last few weeks, I have fallen completely for the conga drum and must pursue the almighty tumbao, cha cha and conga rhythms that many take for granted. I cannot wait to own my first drum and instructional video, showing the correct technique which is the essential foundation.

It is nice to know that I’m never far away form inspiration, as the television commercials and recorded music are rich with artistic displays of the conga.

:cool: :)
  2. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    I do flirt with da skins often, and own some as well, but do not consider myself a serious player.

I did play with some awsome guys/girls at Berklee though.

ok so my post was useless... good luck. :p
  3. I played congas for our group before I took up the bass. It was the congas that got me into the band, but after a while, they came to me and asked if I would like to play bass. They set me up with bass lessons, and after only two sessions, I was playing before a live audience. I alternated between the bass and the congas for about two months then it was decided that it was important to have a full time bass player. That was two years ago and we've since found another conga player.