Any Cool Guitar Player Forums Like TB?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by FriscoBassAce, Jan 5, 2006.

1. FriscoBassAce

Dec 29, 2004
    Frisco, Texas
    Independent Manufacturers Representative
    After searching these forums and also Google, I haven't been able to find a message forum for guitarists that even comes close to what TB is for us. My guitarist is pretty awesome, especially after picking up the guitar again after a 25 year lay-off, but he doesn't know squat about technical stuff, effects, pup types, etc. In other words, the man has a lot of talent but not a lot of know-how.

Can anyone recommend a few different forums similar to TalkBass that are specifically geared toward guitarists? I've learned a lot from TB, and he wants to do the same on a guitar forum. I found one on, and it was okay, but didn't have the "passion" or the depth that TB has. I'm not expecting something as good as TB, but maybe somewhere close.

Your help is much appreciated!
  2. The Telecaster Discussion Page Re-Issued is pretty good. It is primarily Teles & Strats, but lots of technique, pickups, amps, etc. It's located at . This is probably a more mature group (although not nearly as mature as Steel Guitar Forum :p ), but TDPRI is pretty good overall.
  3. buzzbass

buzzbass Shoo Shoo Retarded Flu !

Apr 23, 2003
    If it's for guitar players, it is by definition NOT COOL :D