Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any cross-country skiers around?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Tsal, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Tsal

Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    The topic says it all, I'm afraid.

We were talking about skiing with my parents over a dinner during the weekend, so in a spur of moment I took my few year old Peltonen Zenith skaters out my parents storage and gave 'em a waxing. I did hit the track yesterday and today for a mile or two and it kinda shows I haven't had a pair of skis in my feet in a couple of years, but I'm slowly getting there.

So, anyone else out there who enjoys a moment of horizontal ski transportation now and then? You northern people should be crazy about it! :D

2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Skied once, never again. Me and things that glide don't go together.

3. used to do it often.

Now I don't

Miss it honestly but as a smoker know better then to do it.

4. I haven't used downhill (alpine) skis since 1989. I don't skate, I have enough trouble keeping the skis parallel without deliberately crossing them.;) I have an old pair of Atomic racing skis, a couple old pairs of Fischer Europas, a pair of Karhus and a pair of FischerTelemarks, oh, and a really old pair of Bonna 2400s with Silvretta bindings. My wife uses Karhu and Jarvinen. We live in one of the more remote parts of western Colorado where the snow is deep and there are few people. So the skiing is great.