Any cyclist out there?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Guss, Dec 1, 2002.

1. I posted this exact same topic at the forum, only inversed to: Any Bass players out there?

Just wondering. If your out there, ring in wontcha?:D

P.S. Don't be embarrased, get used the the spandex shorts!;)
  2. I have a bicycle. I ride it to the store for candy sometimes. Does that make me a cyclist?
  3. snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    I ride a Road King. I guess that makes me a cyclist.
  4. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    I have a FZR rocket and a Goldwing! ok I have huffy too. That don't get very many miles on it thou.
  5. Dorminator

Oct 22, 2002
    I've been riding cycles and cycles and cycles for lifetimes and lifetimes and lifetimes till finally I got on a 10th dimensional hyperspacial bass string wave and rode it right out of the universe.....and hell if I ever come back I hope it is on another bass wave....and the back seat of a fine harley.....
  6. hogani

Jul 3, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I ride a Merckx Majestic on the road and a Surly cyclocross, although CX in TX seems non-existant this year.

I live in Austin; I have seen Lance on the road twice. He is identifiable because he can motor!

When I first moved here, he would occaisionally show up on the Tuesday-night crit and stomp everyone.

He also hosts the Ride for the Roses here every year. There is a century and a downtown crit that is awesome.

Take care.

7. =^..^=

Jan 25, 2001
    Stuck on a rock !
    I cycle a bit - usually five or six times a week. I ride just about everything road bikes, mountain bikes, race downhill, singlespeed mountain bikes etc.
  8. I picked up a mountain bike shortly after I was advised to surrender my driving license (and biking license) following a seizure! It hasn't actually been used in anger - the weather has been terrible and I haven't been motivated enough to go and use it. Plus, not sure I know how to ride a bike - it's been a while......
  9. TRU

Apr 12, 2002
    Northern Europe
    I ride ~50-100km (30-60mile) trips to the countryside if I have free time and the weather is nice. And I also ride to work. Here's my wheels:
  10. You've seen lance! NOT FAIR!!
  11. I raced road, cross and mountain bikes for a local bike shop for a while but during the past two years I haven't had time to ride. Training is a big time commitment. I plan to start up again after the holidays. My current stable: My MTB is a Cannondale F700 hardtail that I've had for about 5 years. My road bike is a Colnago Technos with a 9 speed Ultegra group and my cross bike is a Gunnar Crosshairs. I need to ride again. I'm getting fat.
  12. Tsal

Jan 28, 2000
    Finland, EU
    So they export Tunturis outside Finland? Funny, I always thought that they sell those only for Finnish market.. Pretty good bikes, though.

That's H300 right? Got me Tunturi Scambo, their beginner level MTB, when my better Tunturi got stolen outside jazz festival.. My own fault really, it was locked but not chained on anything :(

I'm looking forward to change my current bike for H300 or similar 'hybrid MTB', the SUV of bicycles. How do you like yours, TRU?
  13. mountain biking and bass are my 2 favorite things!

the bike i have looks a lot like a trail/dirt jump bike, but i use it for everything, mostly cross country, street and to the shop :D

i built the bike myself and it cost about a grand (my budget was originally 400 :eek: )

oh go on then, have a pic :rolleyes:
  14. P. Aaron

P. Aaron Supporting Member

I own a 1972 Chrome-moly "Fuji Finest".

I used to ride everywhere when I lived in Ann Arbor, MI. You can do that there.

Got a car at age 25. But I won't give up that bike.
  15. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I cycle between 50 and 100 miles a week. Does that make me a cyclist? I am poor, the gear I have came from Walmart.
  16. embellisher

I have a Roadmaster 18 speed mountain bike. You know, the ones that are $68.88.
  17. I own a bike, and I use it to go anywhere that's easy distance (the nearest town, five miles away, I can't afford a car).

During the summer though, I quite often used just to waste time and go on about a 50-mile ride through the countryside. Things like that are just so relaxing, especially on backroads where there's no cars or anything motorised at all.

I guess I'm just someone who uses a bike to relax and look at the scenery rather than someone who cycles to really get somewhere and achieve something.
  18. lneal

Apr 12, 2002
    Lee County, Alabama
    I have an old Fuji Grand SE tall frame 27" road bike from the late '80s. Its old but its bulletproof! I ride 3-4 times a week, weather permitting. we have a very cool biking trail here that I use.
  19. I raced XC years ago on my old Kona hardtail. After that I had a Specialized FSR Comp full suspension bike that I pretty much broke and we turned into a snowbike.
    Now I ride a Santa Cruz Bullit for mainly freeriding and some downhill. had pics of it but can't seem to find them now. I'll post them if I find them
  20. embellisher

Helmets are essential. Anyone who rides without one is an idiot, or will be eventually.