Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any Dingwalls in Nashville?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by SUBass, Jan 26, 2006.


  1. SUBass

    SUBass

    Oct 21, 2005
    Hey guys...I'm interested in trying out a Dingwall! I'll be in Nashville on Saturday and am wondering if anyone would either a) know a store that has a Dingwall in it for me to try out, or b) would be generous enough to meet me at a store to play their Dingwall. The whole fanned-fret thing has me very curious.

    Thanks!

    James
     
  2. guy n. cognito

    guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

    Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    I've been in several music stores recently and I haven't seen a single one.
     
  3. Beav

    Beav Graphics Whore

    Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    The ONLY place in Nashville that sells any high end stuff (that I know of) is the LowEnd. Someone should probally talk Brian into getting a Dingwall.



    hmmm.....
     
  4. Dr. Cheese

    Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

    Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    What about Corner Music and Rock Black Guitars? It's been ten years since I lived close by (Kentucky), but those stores always had a great selection IMHO.
     
  5. guy n. cognito

    guy n. cognito Secret Agent Member Gold Supporting Member

    Dec 28, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    Corner has a decent selection, but no Dings.
     
  6. saturday is the talkbass get together in nashville. see the stickied thread in general chat for mor info. there'll probably be a dingwall or two there.
     
  7. Beav

    Beav Graphics Whore

    Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    Corner always has a great selection, but Fenders and Ernie Balls make up 75% of the bass stuff. The other 25% is usually sweet stuff though. However, it's generally not high end.

    Rock Block doesn't really get anything new in, and what they have is usually kinda beat. :(
     
  8. BurningSkies

    BurningSkies CRAZY BALDHEAD

    Feb 20, 2005
    Seweracuse, NY
    Hey James,

    Why don't you email Barry Lamb at Dingwall or Sheldon himself and ask them if they know anyone in the area. I'm sure they'd be happy to fill you in. Otherwise, you might post on the Dingwall message board as people there tend to keep an eye out on all things Dingwall.

    Also, if'n you fill out your profile, one of the fine Dingwall owners here at TB might be in your area...you never know!