1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Any Dream Experts Here?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Texan, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Texan

Texan 667 Neighbor of the Beast. Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Houston, TX
    So my usual morning routine is to wake up, get a cup of coffee and watch the news a bit before work. So this morning I do the same thing and the "Breaking News" was a chemical leak a few miles from my house. I go to the computer and look at a map of the area that they say the leak was in. After a minute I hear my wife behind me asking what I'm doing. I tell her that there was a chemical leak and I'm looking at the area it was in, proceed to get ready for work and leave. She calls me on my way to work and asks if I'm ok, that she could not find anything on a chemical leak and that the TV was not on when she got up. I've looked and can find nothing on it either. All I can guess is that this was an ungodly real dream, I remember getting dressed, making coffee and hear the new flash. Has anyone had any experiences like this? I'm kind of freaked out by it because I was dressed and had a cup of coffee too. Am I going mad?

2. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    yes, you're screwed. Dibs on your basses!!!!

:p

Nah, this has happened to me a few times. I'm not sure why these sort of dreams are so vivid but the worst part about them is that because they're so damn vivid you sort of end up searching for a meaning behind it. Like, it was so lifelike and profound, there MUST be something more to it. It can't just be a dream.. The more you can't figure it out, the more frustrating it gets. But it is what it is... You under stress? This seems to happen to me most when I'm really stressing about something.

3. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    [​IMG]

4. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Nah, you just woke up in between dimensional planes. Welcome back.

5. around once a week I dream something that I'm convinced is reality for some amount of time after waking up.

I also dream random things that end up coming true. a few years ago I dreamt that a female friend of mine was pregnant with a girl. I hadn't spoken to her in a while and I texted her and she replied "don't f*** with me like that who told you?"

6. Texan

Texan 667 Neighbor of the Beast. Supporting Member

Aug 15, 2004
    Houston, TX
    That's close to how I felt!

7. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    That happens to me too. I really have no explanation, but it's freaky.

8. we need to find a school that will help us develop these powers.

but i get to be the one that turns evil with them.

9. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    Fine. You get the evil. I'll take Lottery 101.

10. MatticusMania

MatticusMania LANA! HE REMEMBERS ME!

Sep 10, 2008
    Pomona, SoCal
    Im taking Introduction to Instant Fame & Fortune

11. Bloodhammer

Bloodhammer Twinkle Twinkle Black Star

Jul 7, 2009
    Shreveport, Louisiana
    Ever wake up, get out of bed, and get ready for work and while you're going out the door, you hear your alarm clock and find that you're actually still in bed and you haven't even begun the process?

Anxiety sucks.