Dismiss Notice

Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, get alerts, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any drum machine with looper combos?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Tristan, Mar 23, 2014.

1. Tristan

Tristan

Jan 28, 2001
    Ottawa, Canada
    Hey all,

Is there any good combo solution of drum machine with looper?

I have a first gen Digitech Jamman and while it has some basic metronome-ish rhythms and I can put a .wav of a drum beat on it, it is otherwise pretty limited.

I've been out of the "loop" (har har) for a while and was wondering if there was anything better. Is the Zoom B3 any good for drum machine and looping?

Thanks
    Tristan

2. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    I have a hard time using the looper and drum machine at the same time on the B3. Somehow I can't often hit the switch at the right moment to get the drum pattern and the loop to repeat where I want. It keeps running one beat longer than I want. Also, the drum patterns are a bit limited, more so than the B2, and there's nothing in 7/8.

3. Register_To_Disable

4. ryansalmond

ryansalmond

Nov 21, 2007
    Canada
    The Boomerang III can sync to a midi clock. I just need to get a midi adapter for my ipad (drum machine)!

5. FunkHead

FunkHead Supporting Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Bethlehem, PA
    I'm having this same problem while recording bass tracks & Drum loops. There's got to be a trick to "Syncing" up to the Rhythm. I noticed it works better with the Drum track that have a longer pre-count.

6. There's a brigade of us on valium waiting for the Beat Buddy, soon to be distributed. Check the "World's first drum machine in a pedal" thread. It doesn't make you a cup of tea but.

/thread? ;)

7. Adamixoye

Adamixoye A PT Pro is cool for worship, right?

Apr 9, 2012
    Disclosures:
    Occasional Beta Tester for Confusion Studios, Singular Sound, and Source Audio
    This. I think a Beat Buddy and some sort of looper that does MIDI syncing would be the ticket. That's what I'm going to try; I recently got a Pigtronix Infinity Looper as I await my Beat Buddy. The Boomerang III, as mentioned above, would be another option. There may be others that I'm not aware of. The biggest limitation, I think, is that according to the Pigtronix manual, it assumes a 4/4 beat from the MIDI clock. I wonder if this is something they could update in the firmware.