Any EBS multidrive vs Fulltone bassdrive comparisons?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Dragonlord, Mar 5, 2006.

1. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    I was just wondering if anyone has had the chance to A/B these two pedals.. pros and cons, differences etc
  2. I`ve own them both. Sold EBS and kept Fulltone. They both are very good bass overdrives and I have nothing bad to say about EBS.
  3. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    hmm yes but why? just a matter of taste? how would you describe the sound differences?
  4. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    one thing about the ebs, it does a 'warm' od very nicely but it took just a little too much high end from the sound for my liking.
    It worked very nicely for the od sound, but I felt it wasn't so good at distortion.

Jun 13, 2005
    Los Angeles
    i'd opt for the fulltone if i where just because the fulltone has so much more range then any other overdrive pedal. You can have distortion to mild overdrive with the flick of a switch. PLus the fulltone has true-bypass.

I remeber seeing a fulltone bassdrive sample thread look for that. i don't know about the ebs
  6. I just prefered Fulltone. I think that Fulltone has thicker and more musical od sound than EBS. Neither of them is very good distortion IMO, but really nice overdrive.
  7. Same here. Same situation.
    They are both very good but like David M Wilson said, the EBS sucks some highs out of the sound wich doesn't work to well in a band situation imho. The EBS got lost in my bands mix whereas the Fulltone Bassdrive didn't. Therefor I sold the EBS. The Fulltone can compensate (or cut) highs with the tone knob; the MultiDrive doesn't have a tone knob...

They're both very good overdrive pedals; give 'm a test drive and then decice. A pal of mine uses both with his vintage SVT and loves 'm both. To each his own.
  8. dirtgroove

Jan 10, 2003
    Taipei, Taiwan
    Well, after months of fooling around with a PBDDI, convinced that I was going to get the sound I wanted, I finally bit the bullet and decided I needed something to give me a little... ...more. I spent about 3 hours in a store yesterday going through everything... and I do mean everything I could lay my hands on in terms of OD/fuzz/and distortion.

Honorable mentions go to the DOD250 just not quite enough oomph
    and proco's RAT (loved it by itself- knew full well it would make my sound to thin and weedy in a mix)

Guess which two it came down to?
    The EBS sounded great with the lower frequency setting -The other two settings I just wouldn't use. If I'd never tried the fulltone I'd have happily walked away witht he ebs and refused to look at another od pedal again in my life :)rollno: )

The Fulltone sounded equally good as the EBS, quite similar in a mid driven way. The sound was just a little more rounded. It sounded great with just a touch of OD, and more and more fantastic as i increased it. Chord intervals were coming through well and it just had more balls than any other pedal I've come accross. Then hit boost....
    The same fantastic sound but.... wait for it

Ding Ding, ladies and gentlemen, in the silver corner we have a winner!

I'm still in denial about the price.

EBS=:bassist: :hyper:
    Fulltone bassdrive=:hyper: :bassist::ninja:
    Fulltone bassdrive+BDDI=:bassist: :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :ninja:
  9. Wabbit_Swayer

Sep 24, 2004
    Pullman, WA

I could not agree with this more. I have the Programmable BDDI, and with the fulltone ran before the BDDI in my signal path, I can have 4 totally different sounding distortions by changing 1 of the 3 settings on the BDDI. It's the greatest combo I've heard yet.
  10. mattvon

Jan 22, 2006
    Minneapolis, MN
    +1000. It's the best sounding OD combination I've found.

11. +1

When I was experimenting with my signal chain, I found that the SABDDI after the fulltone was the ticket.