Any Ernie Ball users here?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by Bassline1414, Nov 12, 2000.

1. Ok, I'll be the first to admit this...I original starting buying Ernie Ball strings cuz I thought the package looked killer! Then I realized they sounded really good and lasted quite a long time. I use the orange package called Hybrid Slinkys and I'm happy with them. I did notice that the g**tar strings crap out fairly fast though...
    So anyone else hip and use Ernie Ball? ;)
  2. Yeah im into the Super Slinky (100,80,65,45) They work good on my Sterling. They dont seem to last as long as D'adario XL to me but that might be just me, and they are not that much less longlasting.
  3. ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    I've used Ernie Ball strings ( super Slinky ) for many years. I've let people talk me into trying other brands, but I always go back to Ernie Ball.

4. Turlu

Turlu Supporting Member

Sep 11, 2000
    Ottawa, Ontario CANADA

I recently put some Ernie Balls Super Slinky on my Bass. They sound just great and last very long. They`re the best Bass strings I ever put.

By far better than the GHS boomers.....
  5. I love Ernie Ball strings. They sound great. End of post!
  6. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    I've rocked many a club with a set of Hybrids on my P-bass, and they have never let me down. Great tone, and they do last quite a while.
  7. I use .45-.95 Custom guage stainless super slinkys on my jazz bass(s). I think the packaging is kind of gay, but the strings are killer. Prefer 'em to DR Hi-beams, Daddario prisms,Daddario stainless XL's, stainless rotosounds, and Ken smith stainless. Most consistent, longest lasting strings I've ever used.
  8. I've only recently converted to six string bass, and have been looking for a good set. I tried Slowounds, pretty good, XL's, ok, Prisms, pretty good, then stuck on Ernie Ball Slinky's........oh yeah, tight punchy B string, sweet tops, and sweet mids. My custom 6 is running Alembic pups and preamp, and the Ernies sound like the voice of God with this combination.
  9. I tried more than one set of Ernies and on different basses: old Jazz and BT Smith.
    I have to say I didn't like them, but I think are perfect on Ernie Ball basses.
    I like bright strings: I use the Prisms, but Ernies sound rattling for me.
  10. wolfmn26

Sep 11, 2000
    I have used Ernie Ball and I do think they are a very good string, but I prefer to use Trace Elliots.
  11. bassclar7

Apr 22, 2000
    Goodrich, MI
    I've used Ernie Ball's Since the day I got my first Bass. I pulled off the factory strings and slapped on a new set of Super slinky. I've even had my friends and teachers try to tell me about other strings, but I keep using the Ernie Ball's. They're great strings.
  12. i love my ernie ball super slinkys, they sound great, last long, and the price is definitely right. once i bought some GHS Boomers because i heard raves about them, but i didn't care for them at all.

by the way, i'm not ashamed to admit that i play guitar, and ernie ball guitar strings are even better. they're all i use.