1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any excellent bass teachers in south fl?

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by cire113, May 12, 2011.

1. cire113

cire113

Apr 25, 2008
    Does anyone know any excellent bass teachers in south FL??
    Looking for the best at what they do...

Mostly looking for jazz...

2. Roy Vogt

Roy Vogt

Sep 20, 2000
    Nashville,TN
    Endorsing Artist: Kiesel, Carvin, Accuracy, Hotwire, Conklin Basses, DNA, Eden
    Yes, indeed.
    Start off with Don Coffman, Chuck Bergeron, and Nick Orta at the University of Miami in Coral Gables.
    Also, try Matt Bonelli at Miami Dade Community College. That should get you goin'.....

3. cire113

cire113

Apr 25, 2008
    Thanks Roy ironically enough I go to university of Miami!!! Not a music major though...

4. Roy Vogt

Roy Vogt

Sep 20, 2000
    Nashville,TN
    Endorsing Artist: Kiesel, Carvin, Accuracy, Hotwire, Conklin Basses, DNA, Eden
    Cool-I think you just have to walk across campus. One of those gentlemen is surely taking some private students....

5. bassix67

bassix67

Apr 5, 2010
    Concord, CA
    I've been studying with Nicky Orta for three years. The best teacher I've ever had and there's been alot of them.

If you can't find him on campus, look him up on Facebook or nickyorta.com. Plenty of sample of him on YouTube.

6. cire113

cire113

Apr 25, 2008
    On a side note do you guys know any good bass techs? that could install pickups? I'm sick of going to Chain stores like guitar center and sam ashe... ughh.. they charge arm and a leg and i feel like they barely know what they are doing sometimes

7. SLaPiNFuNK

SLaPiNFuNK Commercial User

Jul 28, 2006
    LA California
    The Brains: FretNation.com
    Don Coffman!

I studied with him for a while. Great guy, amazing teacher. Havent spoken to him for like 15 years though... Glad to hear he is still around then.

8. bassix67

bassix67

Apr 5, 2010
    Concord, CA
    MAE on David Blvd in Ft Lauderdale. The best store in So Fl.