1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

any experience with Bartolini 9cbjd pickups?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by spc, Apr 16, 2006.

1. spc

spc

Apr 10, 2004
    South of Boston
    Hello,

Wondering how people feel about the Bart classic bass series...
    the 9cbjd are humcancelling j pickups and I quote...

"Classic Bass" CB series bass pickups are passive designs featuring an extended and more resonant frequency range. They have far more "air" and definition at the top without sacrificing lows and low mids. They are cast in epoxy to remove unwanted feedback and microphonics. They are available as dual coil humbuckers in the wider soapbar shapes and, as single coils or as in-line hum cancelling dual coils in the narrower shapes"
    9CBJD pair - Jazz Bass shape neck (short) and bridge (long) pickups have dual in-line hum cancelling coils.

I have some bart 9j's that I love, so any experience with both would also be cool...
    thanks!

shawn

2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    in the pickups faq, there's a link to a thread which has samples I recorded of both 9j#1 and 9jcb pickups in a geddy lee bass.

The CB's had a more open frequency range than the #1 pickups, but didn't have the low mid growl of the #1's imo.

3. spc

spc

Apr 10, 2004
    South of Boston
    Hello David...
    I'll go check out your reviews right now. I've seen a couple sets of these recently going for very reasonable money (if anyone is interested in the location, pm me) so I'm thinking I might snag a set for a future project.
    I love the 9j's though, so maybe I should just stick with those...

shawn