Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any experience with Bartolini xxM46C soapbars pickups (EMG 40 shape)

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by bassophile, Oct 7, 2003.

1. Please tell me if anyone experienced this pickup.

Thanks

2. jongor

jongor Supporting Member

Jan 11, 2003
    Maine
  3. FBB Custom

FBB Custom TalkBass Pro Commercial User

Jan 26, 2002
    Maryland
    Owner: FBB Bass Works
    That's a 6 string pickup in a 5 string casing, in case you didn't know. Kind of narrow.

4. Yes I know, but I'm interesting about tone.:rolleyes:

5. replaced emg 40 with the bartolini and got the tones I was missing, including the wood tones inherent in my custom 5 strings. I then switched out emg's from two other bass's, added obp-3, mid select switch, and had two new multi-tone bass's. obp-3 is wired 18 volts, and can overdrive some amp inputs, so volume down when switching into active, but the 18 volts seems to add to passive tone of bart's, as then sound better than a non-pre-amped same bart pickup alone, when played passive.

6. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I am interested in these pickups also but can't seem to find them anywhere. Does anyone have these pickup? Where did you get them?

7. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    If you go to www.bestbassgear.com ,they don't have them in regular product line, but they're happy enough to order other BArt items on a one off basis.

8. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    Again, thanks David. One of these day I can help you eh. I sent an email to them on Monday and still have not heard from them. Should I try to find a phone number or just wait? Maybe it's a holiday week thing.:)

9. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
  10. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    Brian at bestbassgear got back to me. I went and ordered the pickups. Now I wait. I will give a full report when I install them.