1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any experience with Mesa Cabs?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Holy War, Sep 30, 2008.

1. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    particularly the vintage powerhouse 6x10?

2. Holy War

Holy War

Sep 18, 2008
    VA Beach
    sorry for the n00b question guys, but seriously, anyone use one of these or would I be better off with a SWR or something?

3. A Boogie 6x10 will likely be loud, clear, punchy and indescribably HEAVY. My ancient Road Ready 1x15 is all this; a 6x10 can only be moreso.
    BTW, there's a seemingly little-enforced rule against bumping a thread more than one every 24 hours. Have a little patience. :)

4. I've no experience with a Mesa Powerhouse, but I was very interested in one some time ago and looked into it. As far as I know about it: it is a wonderful cab with the only drawback of the weight. So certainly recommendable :D

5. Visirale

Visirale

Mar 23, 2003
    Orlando
    Mesa 610 kills. That's what I tested my titan through. Tons of punch, but plenty of bass.

I have a vintage powerhouse 810 that should be here any day now... They're heavy, but a lot smaller than ampeg cabs. Very easy to move. The sound makes it all worth it.

6. +1 to the above about awesome and crushingly large and heavy. I just played the standard Powerhouse 610 with the new M6, and it sounded AMAZING. But 134 pounds... my god.

If you don't mind the weight, the Mesa cabs/Mesa heads combination is very, very good to my ear. That 610 is a great combination of hit you in the chest thump, with nice low end (more than a fridge type sealed cab), and wonderful treble extension due to the very nice switchable crossover frequency control. But, 134 pounds!!!!!!!!

I'l tell you what, if I ever was contracted to do any type of 'tour' where someone would schlep my gear, that M6/610 rig would be high on my list for backline.