Any Experience with Status Graphite Basses?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ZiggyDude, Nov 17, 2015.

1. ZiggyDude

ZiggyDude

Jun 8, 2005
    I am thinking about the Chris Wolstenholme version. But I have never even touched a Status. Long ago I toyed about with a Kramer Bich copy that had the phenolic (bowling ball) material for the fret board and that did not bother my any.

The web site uses frames so you need navigate to the bass from the link below.
    Status Graphite. The finest hand-made graphite basses and guitars. Made in England.

Any feedback is appreciated.

- Ziggy -

2. DrDAV14

DrDAV14 Supporting Member

Feb 4, 2008
    Gilbert, Arizona
    I've owned and own 15 Status basses. They are great instruments, Robs build quality is exceptional. The service you you receive from Rob and Dawn is second to none.
    The graphite instruments are indestructible, play well and wear well.

murphy and SilGarzaJr like this.
  3. ZiggyDude

ZiggyDude

Jun 8, 2005
    Thank you. I will be going with the soap bars, active, 3 way. What is their basic tone? More hi-fi (Bongo, Stingray), more angry mids (T-Bird),

I know tone is subjective - I guess use your own words.

4. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Birmingham, AL
    Tried a few of their necks. I liked them ok but they had noticeable dead spots, something I had heard graphite necks didn't have.

5. NeilGB

NeilGB Supporting Member

Apr 28, 2012
    SF Bay Area - East Bay
    Was that a status neck on another bass or an actual status bass? I have owned at least 6 status basses and found no dead spots.

6. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Birmingham, AL
    Status jazz on a Fender body and a Status MM neck on a Stingray body.

7. ColonelZulu

ColonelZulu Not Impressed By Those Who Flaunt “Authority” Supporting Member

Apr 14, 2001
    Pennsylvania
    Just got a Status King Bass Standard.

The overall tone is a bit like my old Steinberger L2. But the pre is way way more versatile.
    Action is crazy low.

Best part is the preamp. The mid 3 way switch with the mid frequency dial is fantastic.

Too new to really review, but it is a surprisingly warm and wide spectrum of tone.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Oct 16, 2021