Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any experience with...

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by SoComSurfing, Apr 20, 2002.

1. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Seymour Duncan Active EQ System Pickups for Bass Guitar?
    I found a set of these lying around for Jazz, AJJ-12 is the model number. They've never been installed and have all the pots, hardware, jack, etc. They are the ones that are all black, except for two white switches on the neck pickup itself, and three switches on the bridge Pup.
    I'm not going to change out the Pups in my Jazz to find out what these sound like, and that's the only bass I have with Jazz pickups, so I'm turning to you guys. Any experiences? Rants or Raves? Advice?

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    I'm guessing no one? These things must be pretty bad! No wonder they were never installed! Hmm...maybe time for a Pawn Shop experiment!

3. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private residence...man Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Not sure if this really answers your question, but my Warwick Fortress has S-D active P/J pickups on it and I like 'em.

I'm having S-D Basslines pickups & preamp (MM style) installed on my 5-string, so I'll let you know what I think of those.