Any fans of MIKE DEAN and C.O.C.?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by rulyøngo, Jan 3, 2005.

1. Hello, just to know if there are other fans of MIKE DEAN here... I absolutely love his playing all the way from ANIMOSITY up to AMERICA'S VOLUME DEALERS...

I read that CORROSION are recording a new cd in New Orleans with STANTON MOORE (GALACTIC) on the drums!!! That's a nice combination!!! Can wait to hear them... :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: :bassist:
  2. bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    ....the hungry child worships....NO MORE!

Man...I use to love Technocracy!
  3. you should check out their latest cd's specially, "DELIVERANCE"... amazing!!!
  4. bazzanderson

Oct 7, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I'll have to check it out.
  5. COC is one of my all-time favorite bands. The guitar work is riffy and catchy and Dean lays down some awesome bass lines under it all. If you haven't heard them, you need to.

6. +1
    Mike Dean is the man!
  7. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Hmm, juding from Probot, I thought they were a hardcore punk band w/Mike Dean doing vocals. But I bought America's Volume Dealer, and Pepper Keenan does vocals. Really good album, Solid almost Funk Rockish basslines. Mike is pretty kick arse. This isn't really punk... but I prefer it. Just solid Hard Rock with enough to keep it from being boring.

Also, I remeber getting a metal sampler w/ a COC song on it, I think it was called "The Land of the Free Disease" or something of that nature, and it was pretty much Goth metal. Weird. Was their old stuff hardcore punk?
  8. Yeah they used to play hardcore and then changed... anyway I love all their stuff... From their hardcore albums my favorite is "ANIMOSITY"...Great playing from Mike in that album...
  9. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Crazy stuff, it's weird that a band can go from hardcore to a really clean heavy rock album. I checked it out on and they described it as them attempting mainstream sucess, without straying to far from their sound (ala Metallica). That's cool. Plus I like a band that isn't willing to stick with the same ideals their entire career, or else they end up sounding like Nickleback.
  10. Yeah, I always liked bands that are not afaid of changing and growing...
  11. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    These guys are from my original hometown - Raleigh, NC - and i used to catch them when they first got together. In fact, a friend of mine, the former guitarist for another Raleigh hardcore band named "Unicef", took Dean's place on bass for at least one of their albums in the late 80s.

There was another hardcore band around the same time, if not before, that made some waves out of Raleigh - "No Labels". They had a good following and toured with the Dead Kennedys at one point.

Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill actually had a good hardcore scene back in the day. I, myself, even dabbled with a short-lived hardcore band known as "P.O.W.". :D
  12. I used to listen to the albums Deliverance and Wiseblood all the time. Thanks for reminding me about these great records! Really groovy, riff-heavy, hard rock.
  13. You should check out "AMERICA'S VOLUME DEALERS" also a great cd!!!