Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any Fans Of The New GTO?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by The Golden Boy, May 26, 2004.

1. Does anyone else think the new Goat looks a little... well...dull?

Regardless of what's under the hood, it looks like a new Camry crossed with a mid 90s Grand Am or something

2. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut
    It reminds me of the new montecarlo or impala. Looks like any other sedan out there. Lost all appeal. I hate when they do that. At least the new mustang tries to keep sharp even if I'm not a huge fan of it, I respect what went into it.

3. When you look into the split grill of a 66 Goat, that's imposing! My Girlfriend has a 98 T/A, the front end of that is Imposing. The new Goat doesn't have that "I will eat your little girly car azz" look to it.

4. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut

Oh man, the 98 WS6 T/A looks like it will kill your car just for the fun of it.

5. Her car is scary fast. I love the days she needs to use my car. Except in winter. Getting on the freeway is fun, even if it is a very short ride :D

6. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    Not impressed. At least F*** kept some of the styling of the older 'stang for their new one. It would have been nice if GM could have done the same. Imo the GTO looks like every other boring car on the road. And imo it's a little too expensive. Leave out the leather, cupholders and other crap and build us an affordable performance car, not an overpriced luxury car.

I wish GM would have built a smallblock S-10 instead. Cheap and fast, it could have been done, and probably would have sold like hotcakes.

7. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    I would've definitely bought one. :)

The new GTO is boring. I parked next to one at work today, and it just didn't do anything for me. I wanted to like it, too...
    Oh well.

:bassist:

8. kserg

kserg

Feb 20, 2004
    London, UK
    I do like the idea of fast car with rear seats... thats why i am looking to buy and upgrade bmw 535i great engine good space great car:] GTO has that thing i like of speed and room/car but you are right... its not great looker plus kinda big:p my 535 with turbo and all upgrades i want todo will blow it out of smoke:] when i finally get it:p

Cheers

9. It's a holden. GM = Uncreative. Even the SSR isn't really that neat compared to DC's offerings. Magnum, 300 for a couple.

10. ole Jason

ole Jason Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    Louisville, KY
    I kinda like it but it does seem a little expensive. I'd still like to take one for a spin thoguh. I wonder when chevy is gonna bring out something small and fast again? I heard rumors of a cavalier SS a year or two ago but it never seemed to materialize and now they ruined that body style anyway.

I think they need to start making Chevelle's again :bassist:

11. fastplant

fastplant

Sep 26, 2002
    Connecticut

I think they're actually going to discontinue the Cavalier soon.

12. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    Complete let down,on the outside. -Luke

13. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy

14. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB

Jan 28, 2001
    New York
    If they did it would be wrong wheel drive. Look what happened to the Buick Skylark. Unless they planned on making a retro 70 Chevelle (with chrome and a big block), let the name "Chevelle" rest in peace.

15. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I agree. I had a 66 Chevelle Malibu convertible. Leave it be.

Edit: with all this love for the new Goat you guys should love "The Last Ride".

:meh:

:smug: