Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any Faust (Prog Rock) Fans?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Matt Till, Oct 7, 2005.

1. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
  2. The Owl

The Owl

Aug 14, 2005
    Atlanta GA
    Definitely, Faust were very UNPREDICTABLE, one minute hilariously psychedelic, the next terrifyingly industrial! They have a pretty HUGE catalog well worth exploring.

You might want to check out Can whle you're at it, in a similar neighborhood but sounding NOTHING like Faust at all.

Amon Duul II were a great band as well.

3. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I've heard great things about Can. Josh Homme (Queens of the stoneage/Kyuss) said he wanted to see if he was the first guitarist to write robotic riffs similar to his, he discovered Can and found he was doing nothing new.

4. Prahainspring

Prahainspring

Oct 22, 2002
    New Jersey
    Can was waaay ahead of their time. I thoroughly enjoy the japanese singer on vocals, most especially the album "Tago Mago". Faust on the other hand was amazing. Their self titled album has been in regular play at my house, in the car, and other various places ("Why Don't You Eat Carrots" was one of my favorite tracks from the album). Both were great bands.

5. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    Wh don't you eat Carrots was the reason I started this thread... it's madness!