Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any feedback on BBE BMAX-T Preamp?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by David Vega, Nov 11, 2005.

1. David Vega

David Vega

Aug 28, 2002
    Puerto Rico
    Hi all

How is this BBE BMAX -T preamp? Any feedback, thoughts, horror stories?

I am evaluating this , or the SVP-PRO or SVP-CL

any feedbaks will be helpful
    thanks

2. afroman

afroman

Aug 31, 2000
    Brooklyn, NY
    I own one BBE BMAX-T preamp and I'm looking to sell it right now. I love it and it sounds great, but I'm an Aguilar artist and I don't have any use for it now.

I've had 3 different preamps in the past couple of years (BMAX, Fender TBP-1, BMAX-T) and they're all very good. The BMAX-T is extremely clean sounding but has a cool subtle warmth from the 12AX7 tube. The passive EQ is very good, specially with the semiparametric mids section. They help you get your mids just the way you like them, you can cut/boost any frequency you prefer. The compressor is very very good. It holds the notes just enough w/o being too obvious or intrusive. Of course the Sonic Maximizer gives you that extra something with makes your sound clearer and more present (but don't go overboard with it). It's a very good sounding preamp and the Jensen output gives you a powerful and clean signal to the console or recording. The preamp is very hot, so you don't ave to crank it up to get LOUD. It also looks extremely cool with the red knobs and green lights. It is very well constructed and is a bargain (aprox. $600 new) for all the features it has. I'm not triying to sell you anything, but I think that this would be a very good preamp for any musical style that you play.

If you have any questions regarding the preamp or are interested in getting mine, send me an email; estebanperez12@hotmail.com

Take care. I hope this helped a little.

PS. I also have a QSC PLX3002 power amp.

3. David Vega

David Vega

Aug 28, 2002
    Puerto Rico
    thnaks afroman!!

anybody?more feedback?