1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any Fender Select P bass owners out there?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Kajel, Jun 28, 2012.

1. Kajel

Kajel

May 20, 2012
    Whats your opinion of it? I can't help but gush all over about mine.

2. I love mine. Loud, with great clarity across the spectrum, fairly lightweight, incredible sustain. I like the compound radius neck, too. And it's plain beautiful, with very flamey body and neck. Even the case is regal-looking. Can be set up with very low action without buzzing. What's not to like???

3. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    Pics?

4. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2004
    West Virginia
    How is the top on yours? I'm sure they are great basses, but I saw a select P and J this week that had really poor tops. Very mild figuring. Very disappointing, but I'm hoping they arent all as bad as the two I saw.

5. I passed up the first one I saw locally, partly because of the meagre figuring. The second one was much better, so I went for it. Mine is quite flamey, as is the neck.
    Kajel, tell us all about yours!

6. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
    index.php?action=dlattach;topic=6175.

like this one (for example :bag: ):

wienerschnitzel.

7. slapmachine

slapmachine

Oct 4, 2010
    PV, Kansas
    Just got mine today! I don't know how the figuring compares to others, but I dig mine! I didn't buy it for the figuring though, I bought it for the tone this thing pumps out, I generally don't like P-basses, but I really like this one, the crazy woods are a plus. Don't prefer the Satin on the neck, but when I get into playing as long as it's not sand paper I'm good. Really love how this baby stays present in the mix without overstepping bounds. The second bass I've been looking for for a while now! Glad it was a Fender, because f*** those Fender copies, give me the real deal!

I was going to upload some terrible pics I just took in the dark, but I'll shine her up and do a mini-photo-shoot tomorrow.

Best regards,

Brooks

8. Kajel

Kajel

May 20, 2012
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=275076&d=1340908788

It's impossible to write about it without using superlatives. My SVT was going so deep, I was shocked. The PU on the Select is incredible.

As far as figuring, It's so well book matched you can't see a line in the body near the bridge. The figuring on the neck blows my mind. The craftsmanship is beyond description.

9. I have the Jazz and the top is very nice on mine. It plays great and sounds great. Better than any other Jazz I've had.

Attached Files:

10. RaginRog

RaginRog Last guy you want to see is Employee Relations guy

Nov 29, 2009
    Formerly Staten Island
    Yeah, I love my Select Jazz....it's the boobies.

11. RaginRog

Nov 29, 2009
    Formerly Staten Island
    My Select Jazz top is amazing looking imo.

Attached Files:

12. slapmachine

slapmachine

Oct 4, 2010
    PV, Kansas
  13. wvbass

wvbass Supporting Member

Mar 1, 2004
    West Virginia
    Both these look far nicer than the examples I saw. Of course, somebody else might really like the ones I was disappointed in.

14. RaginRog

Nov 29, 2009
    Formerly Staten Island
    Thanks. It's definitely a looker. Sounds nice too.