Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any Flute players out there in TB?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mark Wilson, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Anyone? Tell us what ya play and how long!
    I play a Yamaha (don't know the model off hand) it was 2500, all I know. And i've playing since I was 7. Almost 11 years now!

2. does a recorder count? i have one of those...

3. Main axe:
    Yamaha YFL-421; plateau keys, offset G, silver head, body, and C-foot

Beater:
    Gemeinhardt M2 - bought used as a replacement for a Grassi, given (in a moment of crass stupidity) to daughter of previous girl-friend…

- Wil

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    TB Jethro Tull tribute band! :hyper:

I call Glockenspiel... I just gotta learn how to play it... and maybe spell it. ?

5. Thee

Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    played for 6 years.... an art--- something or other.

6. Haven't touched it for a long time (for which the neighbors are probably grateful!) but I still have a Pearl NS-97E (silver head) that I bought about twenty years ago...

7. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I do have the B foot, but it's not silver plated. The mouth-peice is silver lol. I asked them when I ordered it, and they said it was solid silver.

8. :ninja:
    Thinking sure , to play notes . I don´t . People like to collect things. One day in my adreess a saw a black man , with a old and dirt close looking up the sky. Certain He don´t understand. That place change . In place of maoutains he still don´t beleave have building ap.

9. I have been play bass for eighteen years , with eighteen years ´old´. :meh:

10. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    This one time at band camp...

Ah screw it.

11. Yeah - i'm a flute player. Been playing flute for about 18 years or so, but didn't start doing the experimental band thing until just a few years ago. I'm in a band called Motosota - you can check out a flute tune called Machete Benz at www.myspace.com/motosota if you want to hear what I sound like.

Play a Gemeinhart I've played since high school - a solid silver thing with b foot and offset G. Someday i'll upgrade, but high quality flute prices are pretty insane.

Also want to get an alto or bass flute someday - played it in college and really dug it.

12. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Can I talk any of you into "playing the jazz flute" for the rest of us? Ron Burgundy style. :D

13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    *takes the bass for a walk in C with keepin' the drums nice and splashy*