Any Flute players out there in TB?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Mark Wilson, Jun 8, 2005.

1. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    Anyone? Tell us what ya play and how long!
    I play a Yamaha (don't know the model off hand) it was 2500, all I know. And i've playing since I was 7. Almost 11 years now!

2. does a recorder count? i have one of those...

3. Main axe:
    Yamaha YFL-421; plateau keys, offset G, silver head, body, and C-foot

Beater:
    Gemeinhardt M2 - bought used as a replacement for a Grassi, given (in a moment of crass stupidity) to daughter of previous girl-friend…

- Wil

4. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    TB Jethro Tull tribute band! :hyper:

I call Glockenspiel... I just gotta learn how to play it... and maybe spell it. ?

5. Thee

Thee

Feb 11, 2004
    San Luis Obispo, CA
    played for 6 years.... an art--- something or other.

6. Haven't touched it for a long time (for which the neighbors are probably grateful!) but I still have a Pearl NS-97E (silver head) that I bought about twenty years ago...

7. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I do have the B foot, but it's not silver plated. The mouth-peice is silver lol. I asked them when I ordered it, and they said it was solid silver.

8. :ninja:
    Thinking sure , to play notes . I don´t . People like to collect things. One day in my adreess a saw a black man , with a old and dirt close looking up the sky. Certain He don´t understand. That place change . In place of maoutains he still don´t beleave have building ap.

9. I have been play bass for eighteen years , with eighteen years ´old´. :meh:

10. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA
    This one time at band camp...

Ah screw it.

11. Yeah - i'm a flute player. Been playing flute for about 18 years or so, but didn't start doing the experimental band thing until just a few years ago. I'm in a band called Motosota - you can check out a flute tune called Machete Benz at www.myspace.com/motosota if you want to hear what I sound like.

Play a Gemeinhart I've played since high school - a solid silver thing with b foot and offset G. Someday i'll upgrade, but high quality flute prices are pretty insane.

Also want to get an alto or bass flute someday - played it in college and really dug it.

12. bassturtle

bassturtle

Apr 9, 2004
    Can I talk any of you into "playing the jazz flute" for the rest of us? Ron Burgundy style. :D

13. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    *takes the bass for a walk in C with keepin' the drums nice and splashy*