Any football fanatics here?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by dryheatbob, Oct 28, 2003.

1. Don't see alot of sports talk here, but I noticed a few references here and there to the Bucs and that got me wondering.

Who do you root for on Sunday?

I'll admit to being a New Orleans Saints fan as long as I can remember. Weird? Yes but even weirder when you figure in that I grew up on the west coast.

If you post, keep it polite, ok? I know from other boards that sports homers can get pretty nasty.

So who's your team?

2. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Check the avatar and I think you'll be able to figure out why I've been disgusted since Sunday afternoon.
  3. I have the Raiders on a ten point spread against Detroit for 2-1 odds. GO OAKLAND. Yeah, I only cheer for the teams I bet on.
  4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Hot damn, another Saints fan finally appears! :D

I've been alone here for years, rooting for my black & gold, good to hear there's another around!!!!!

I came by my Saints fanatacisim honestly, I grew up in and near Nawlins, eatin' crawfish & fried speck, thinking that gold green & purple looked good together (K&B purple, mind you!), and sandbagging my friends houses every spring.

I actually went to games at Tulane Stadium! I was at the first game in the 'Dome. I was there when the, Bucs got their first ever win against us :p (hey, we beat 'em TWICE last year!!!).
  5. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Another Cowboys devotee here.

Loved them since the 60's when they changed the lineman/linebacker stereotype from a heavyweight slob to a "speed kills" profile.

When I played ball, I always made sure I had #74 - Bob Lilly's number.........the greatest defensive tackle ever.......Mr. Speed & Finesse.

By birthright, I should be a Rams fan but, to me, they're "paper tigers." As the old adage goes - "Offense sells tickets - Defense wins games."

I like about any team that has the guts to play man-to-man coverage most of the they can take the heads off of pansies like Randy Moss.
  6. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss
    Vikings man here since the early 70's. I am a sad man.

7. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

There's a team that could use a good doctor such as yourself, Mike. ;)
  8. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    Washington redskins since I was a kid. So yeah, I've been pissed for almost 10 years now:mad:
  9. jasonbraatz

Oct 18, 2000
    Oakland, CA
    i gotta pull for the green and gold, but man do they suck this year :(
  10. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    I don't wanna hear any whining from you Vikes fans, you've been to the show 4 times! (Lose or win, you GOT THERE! :spit: )

Us long-suffering Saints fans have 3 post-season appearances in 36 years (since 1967), one post-season win, and YOU BASTARDS knocked us out 2 of the 3 times we got in! :mad:

11. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000

C'mon now big G! No need for name callin' since my team is better than yours!!

Oh wait...

Almost EVERY team is better than yours. My mistake!!! :p

My 'Boys are gonna go far this year. At least they'll get rid of the "Cowgirls" moniker.
  12. FunkySpoo

FunkySpoo Supporting Member

Feb 6, 2002
    I have this sinking feeling that your "cowgirls" are going to kill my "foreskins". Since my guys can't block, run, rush, catch, stay onsides or stop hitting people out of bounds
  13. mikemulcahy

Jun 13, 2000
    The Abyss

WHO DAT!!!!!

14. Don't forgot last years "oops" TD by Culpepper- if weda won that one(or any of the others we let slip away in dec) weda been in the playoffs!

Hey Gard, you ever check out ?

Pretty good Saints site and most of the posters there bleed B&G.

15. Miami here. I've been a Dolphins fan for years.
  16. Ty McNeely

Ty McNeely

Mar 27, 2000

I have that feeling to, but its not "sinking":D

We'll see how Carter and Crew rebound from the shutout last week
  17. Lions :bawl:

Any guesses why I like college ball MUCH more than pro? (Hint: the fact that I'm in college is only part of it.)
  18. Zon Bass

Zon Bass

Jan 20, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    What she said. 6 and 2 baby after we kill the Redskins. Parcells is a genius.