Any GK 810's in the south? I need help!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by xJasonSmithx, Dec 30, 2004.

1. xJasonSmithx

Jun 25, 2003
    Memphis, TN
    Dear Talkbass,

Here is the deal, right now Im sitting on the money for a new cab. GK 810 is at the top of the list I wouldn't really mind just going ahead and ordering one but if somewhere close has one I wouldn't mind driving to check it out. Has anyone seen one anywhere semi-close to memphis in the south? I tried talking to the guys at Guitar Center about the new cab but Im sure you can guess how that turned out. Halfway through the conversation the guy was like "Wait you mean the AMPEG 810!" ARHHHHH Its so frustrating.

I need oppinions on what to do.

-Jason Smith
  2. Im a GK endorsee, and I know that I havent seen many out there. Daniel Elliott at GK said there are several artists using them right now, most of which played Ampegs before. Id check with Bass Central. Theyll give you a killer price and
    I think they have a 30 day return policy.
  3. I just checked the Bass Central website. Its a 48 hour approval period.
  4. xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Jason, L&M Music in Chattanooga might have one in. I'll call them, and if they happen to have one, you can come with me when I goto Chattanooga next week.
  5. Sorry you're having trouble locating a cabinet. It's often difficult to get dealers to stock a new product like this. Current users are Mike Davenport from The Ataris and Adam Russell from Story Of The Year.