1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any good bass repair guys in the Fort Meade MD area?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by SudokuNinja, Oct 20, 2006.

1. SudokuNinja

SudokuNinja

Oct 20, 2006
    Can anyone recommend a reputable place or person to get repairs and setups done, located near or in the Fort Meade MD area? Kinda new to the area and don't want to get ripped off or have basses destroyed. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

2. kjones

kjones

Dec 4, 2004
    Maryland
    Well, it's fairly close to the Fort Meade area, if quality is your guide. I strongly recommend John Thurston. His address is 1701 Edmondson Ave., Suite 203, Catonsville, MD 21228, and his phone number is (410) 747-0239. Do not go by without calling first-he's fairly busy most of the time, and that's because he's good.

He is superb at all bass and guitar work. He and a partner actually made basses of high quality some years ago, but his repair, set-up and modification work now is totally top drawer. I had no qualms at all taking my Sadowsky to him.

Even better than his great talent is that he's a nice guy. Strongest recommendation.

3. SudokuNinja

SudokuNinja

Oct 20, 2006
    Awesome. Much appreciated. I'll deffinitely have to check him out.