Any good bass stores in london area

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by amac, Mar 27, 2003.

1. amac

Oct 9, 2002
    Commerce, Georgia
    Hey guys. I should have sent this post out sooner, but I'm leaving for England in two days and wanted to know the name of some good bass stores in the London, Cambridge, Bury St. Edmunds area.

Two weeks vacation. :D
  2. there got to be tons of them, not counting gears that you couldn't find in the United States.
  3. wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Three come to mind round London - The Gallery (Royal College Street, nr Camden Town tube), The Bass Centre (new address near Liverpool Street Station - not sure off the top of my head) and the general area of Denmark Street and adjoining sections of Tottenham Court Road for lots of music shops.

An A-Z or similar streetmap will be invaluable round London. You'll also be able to find out more about the above by searching on this site.

Can't help with the other locations.

ps. based on my experience of 'Guitar Center', etc, when I visited the States a couple of years ago, I think it's only fair to warn you that these are relatively small shops - not endless acres to explore ;)
  4. The Gallery might be small, but they've got some wonderful stuff there that you might have a hard time to find in the USA. They're building Sei basses in the basement, to begin with.
    Don't miss it!
  5. I found my used Wal at the Bass Centre London at a great price. They were real nice fellows too!
  6. amac

Oct 9, 2002
    Commerce, Georgia
    Thanks for all the replies. I'll be sure to follow up with any finds and thoughts from over there.
  7. red40

Mar 25, 2003
    Wilmington, DE
    I'd have to second Demark St. I spent a summer in London and tried to hit all the stores that I could get to by Tube or bus. The best area was Denmark St by far, there are also a few stores a few blocks away from that area. I was actually really disappointed when I went to 48th street in NYC for the first time, I expected it to be as good as Denmark St and it wasn't even close.