Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any Good Black Sabbath DVD's?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Motorhead Mark, Jan 23, 2006.

1. I was just wondering if there are any dvd's of Sabbath with the original line-up from "back in the day" that are any good. I have seen a buch at local shops but they are from the past few years, and only contain 10 songs or so. So....

Where are the good Sab's dvd's?

2. Bump...I want to know if there are any good Sabbath DVDs too...:help:

3. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    I have a great one called "Inside Black Sabbath - 1970-1992" It's awesome, features a lot of sweet vintage footage, plus good interviews. Covers a few eras, but the ozzy stuff is great. Check it out.

4. PolkaHero

PolkaHero Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2002
    Michigan
  5. The dvd that comes in the Black Box (1970-1978 albums) contains a dvd, although it only has 4 songs. Black Sabbath, Iron Man, Paranoid, and Blue Suede Shoes. Blue Suede Shoes is especially cool. These are all filmed, taking advantage of green screen effects, i.e. large band member faces upside down behind them in trippy colors, swirling about...very 70's ish. Could be hard to find, they don't sell it seperately.f

Also there are some live in Paris 1970 videos floating around the internet, I don't know if there is an official copy (I think there is though), or if it is just some bootleg.

6. 43% burnt

43% burnt an actor who wants to run the whole show

May 4, 2004
    Bridgeport, CT
    That show is amazing. There is a full version of that show, you can get a bootleg copy off ebay. Theres another good one floating around from 1978 on the Never Say Die tour.

7. Yeah, I've seen that 1970 Paris bootleg, it is my favorite.:bassist:

8. I saw one vid, I think it was called "Decade of Something-or-other". The first song is Symptom Of The Universe, but I can't remember what it ends with. Tony is center stage with a spot on him, Ozzy is right, Geezer is left (in the dark, literally) and Bill has some crazy Alanis Morissette braids going on. Sound was pretty good. The highlights were of the looks that Tony gives Ozzy whenever he is doing a guitar solo. Ozzy is banging his head away, and you just know Tony is thinking about how he is going to beat up Ozzy after the show...

Caught a video of Sabbath with Dio doing Heaven And Hell live somewhere. I don't think I have seen anyone flash the "horns" as much as Dio does in that one song.

So any other dvd's out there.

9. Bad Brains

Bad Brains Banned

Jan 7, 2004
    Detroit, michigan
    I have also wondered about good Sabbath DVD's from "back in the day". I have the Last Supper one, but that's late 90's.

Surley there must be more out there from the 70's, or you would think. They were pretty big back then.

10. Petary791

Petary791

Feb 20, 2005
    Michigan, USA