Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any good music stores in Columbus, OH?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by cjazz50, Feb 13, 2003.

1. Are there any music stores with cool bass gear in Columbus? I'm going to be visiting my sister at Ohio State this weekend and it would be cool to check out some gear while I'm there. It seems like the only high end basses I can find in St. Louis are Modulus, Pedulla, Warwick, and Peavy Cirrus. Those are all great basses but I would really like to try some Roscoe, Zon, Fodera, Hanewinckel, Elrick, F Bass, MTD (USA), Alembic, Rob Allen, Ric Turner, etc basses.

I seem to recal somebody saying there is a store with some Lightwave basses in Columbus? Does anyone know which one it is?

Thanks

2. Eric Moesle

Eric Moesle Supporting Member

Sep 21, 2001
    Columbus OH
    I live just outside Columbus, I've never seen any of the basses you've listed in any stores here, unfortunately. I'm aware of only the following stores:

Guitar Center - some higher end bass amps and some Warwicks, nothing too high end bass-wise, though. Same stuff as with all Guitar Centers nationwide.

Sam Ash - pretty much the same as Guitar Center, but the staff are much nicer and laid back.

Lang Music - More of a Peavey/Fender dealer, if you know what I mean.

Metro Music - Peavey/Fender dealer.

German Village Music Haus - a super tiny little joint that sometimes has some high end basses, like Alembic, Lakland, etc., but the selection is small. Also has some used gear which varies from time to time. Definitely worth quick a stop-by.

The String Shoppe - right by OSU campus, has Stingrays, Fenders and such, but normally nothing high end like you've mentioned.