Any good places to order some Barts?

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by L-1329, Mar 2, 2005.

1. L-1329

Aug 8, 2004
    So I've decided to swap out some EMG Hz's for Barts, but can't find anywhere that has them in stock! Does anyone know any suppliers or retailers I could try? I'm thinking that if I wait for my local dealer to come up with some I could be waiting for a long time. I'm looking for a set of M45CBC's and an HR4.6AP preamp harness. Appreciate any info...
  2. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
  3. L-1329

Aug 8, 2004
    Thanks, I just ordered the preamp from GuitarElectronics. Should be here in a few days! Best Bass Gear is out of stock but expecting a shippment next week... Hopefully I can find the pups soon, and get this project done!
  4. Ívar Þórólfsson

Ívar Þórólfsson Mmmmmm... Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2001
    Kopavogur, Iceland
  5. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    Yeah, Brian is pretty cool. I did a custom order for some Barts for my six string and it took around three months to get them. He was patient with me every time I emailed him. I was like the kid in the back seat saying "are we there yet"? :)
    I also ordered my Bart 3 band from him.
  6. keb

Mar 30, 2004
    Another thumbs up for Brian at bestbassgear. I too had a custom Bart order and he kept me up to date. Very quick shipping too!
  7. L-1329

Aug 8, 2004
    Thanks guys. He replied to my email right away, and has me on the list to notify if and when he gets some instock. I found one place that has one pickup of the pair, but I will wait for someplace that has both. In the meantime, I guess I could install the preamp while I'm waiting for some pups. Wonder how that would sound with EMG Hz's? Is there anywhere else I could try?
  8. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I installed my preamp first and waited for my pick ups.

Feb 11, 2005
    Kewanee, IL
    i got my barts from ebay. there's usually one dealer that has a handfull of different barts "quickconnect". but if you want yours custom made, i'd go with previous suggestions.. bestbassgear.