Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

any good websites or riffs for a beginner slap bassest

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by cptnCanada, Jun 17, 2002.

1. For a while now I have been fooling around with the slap bass technique. I can produce the effects and have come up with a few little riffs myself, but have never seen any printed riffs that I can try and play. Anybody have any suggestions of websites that have some examples, or anybody have any examples of their own?

-chad

2. Listen

Listen

May 19, 2002
  3. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    Check out the new Tablature forum and look for some songs that you might know... if tabs are your cup o' tea, that is.

If you're up for a challenge... www.victorwooten.com

From Windsor, eh? I lived there for 4 1/2 years; cool local scene! Are you in a band there right now?

4. Thanks for the sites; I cant believe I have missed out on activebass for so long - what a site

I am only in windsor for school, been here for 3 1/2 yrs myself, but I play in a band from London called "Stew Dawg." Windsor is an OK place I guess, just a bit ratty tho

5. No_Fingures

No_Fingures

Jun 17, 2002
    Boston Ma
    higher ground by chillie peppers is a fun beginning slap bass

6. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I was told this years after I started slapping
    but its a good riff and I would recommend it to anyone
    Open A/mute-mute/C-C#(hammer-on)/Mute-Mute/C#-D(hammer on)/mute-mute/D-E(hammer-on)/G-A(hammer-on)

if that makes any sense...I realize its written kinda wierd...give it a try though...its a great little riff