Any Government Employees?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by The Golden Boy, Jun 10, 2004.

1. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    I work for the government. I'm glad to have tomorrow off :hyper: Not to mention my 3 day weekend every other week. Wohooo!
  2. i work for the mafi...i mean...petting zoo...yeah...petting zoo....say hello to my lil friend...wanna pet him...its a baby goat...or sheeps clothing...more like baby goat clothing...or fur...

i need sleep.
  3. I was planning on being off, but since the facility will be open we need a few people here. There's always stuff do to...

Besides, I could always use the Holiday Pay.

You like the AWS thing?
  4. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    I work "for" the Gvt. I will be at work tomorrow... and that sucks. so thanks for the reminder :eyebrow:
  5. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    well, I've got a HGEA (Hawaiian government employee assoc.)card - but I don't work for the government, I just play on the police basketball team :eek:
    Tomorrow is a holiday here anyway,
    it's King Kamehameha Day!
  6. JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I'm off.
    "They" finally decided my section wasn't required. I am surprised.
    At first, our supervisor said "Some will have to work".
    Great, I thought...the usual slackards will get a free day, the couple that actually have a clue about what's goin' on will get stuck(again).
    It's the Gov't way.

It was also funny how nobody with authority wanted to make the call-
    The entire facility got "the President's e-mail".
    The facilty's Branch Head agreed it was a 'holiday'..."but employees need to check with their supervisor".

The Union jumped on that like a lioness on a crippled wildebeest.
    ...funny, too, since most of the wrenchturners here don't have e-mail accounts(basically, it's the supervisors' job to notify their employees).

Anyway, it worked out. Usually, no matter where I work, no matter where I go to school...