Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any Government Employees?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by The Golden Boy, Jun 10, 2004.

1. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    I work for the government. I'm glad to have tomorrow off :hyper: Not to mention my 3 day weekend every other week. Wohooo!

2. i work for the mafi...i mean...petting zoo...yeah...petting zoo....say hello to my lil friend...wanna pet him...its a baby goat...or gun...in sheeps clothing...more like baby goat clothing...or fur...

i need sleep.

3. I was planning on being off, but since the facility will be open we need a few people here. There's always stuff do to...

Besides, I could always use the Holiday Pay.

You like the AWS thing?

4. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    I work "for" the Gvt. I will be at work tomorrow... and that sucks. so thanks for the reminder :eyebrow:

5. Muzique Fann

Muzique Fann Howzit brah

Dec 8, 2003
    Kauai, HI
    well, I've got a HGEA (Hawaiian government employee assoc.)card - but I don't work for the government, I just play on the police basketball team :eek:
    Tomorrow is a holiday here anyway,
    it's King Kamehameha Day!

6. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    I'm off.
    "They" finally decided my section wasn't required. I am surprised.
    At first, our supervisor said "Some will have to work".
    Great, I thought...the usual slackards will get a free day, the couple that actually have a clue about what's goin' on will get stuck(again).
    It's the Gov't way.

It was also funny how nobody with authority wanted to make the call-
    The entire facility got "the President's e-mail".
    The facilty's Branch Head agreed it was a 'holiday'..."but employees need to check with their supervisor".

WRONG!

The Union jumped on that like a lioness on a crippled wildebeest.
    ...funny, too, since most of the wrenchturners here don't have e-mail accounts(basically, it's the supervisors' job to notify their employees).

Anyway, it worked out. Usually, no matter where I work, no matter where I go to school...

WE NEVER CLOSE!