Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Any Hafler Users Out There?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by um... yeah, May 12, 2003.

1. greetings fellow bassers,

i'm wondering if any of you are using a Hafler power amp. if you do, post any thing about it's performance, any repairs, etc. i recently purchased a P4000, which will be bridged, then ran through a 410 cab.

yours trebley,

um... yeah

2. zoran

zoran

May 10, 2002
    croatia
    Hafler P3000 user here. Think it's great and quiet amp, what I really like is warm low end and mellow highs (mosfets). Mids are in back a little but it doesn't bother me 'cause I have 2x12" cab very mid focused.
    But be carefull... this is studio amp, it means there is no fan, if you put in rack must get one or two fans for cooling. second, it can be bridged only on 8 ohms that mean you can't put two 8ohms cabs parallel to give you 4ohms loading on bridged mode.
    Of course, you can run them stereo but you can get only 2/3 of max power. And third, this is only 200/270w amp. Maybe you will want more headroom in the future (like me for example). P7000 will suit better in that case

Still, if you don't need lot of power this high quality amp is for you.

3. indeed, thanks for the info. i was planning on purchasing a couple of 4 ohm 2x10s in the future, for more versatility, but i seemed to have missed the fact that it can't be bridged at 4 ohms, like most other power amps, if i ever wanted to go that way.

but the sound quality cannot, will not, and cannot be denied! it is the most transparent, true-to-life sounding piece of gear i've ever had the pleasure of hearing. IT KILLS.:D

4. zoran

zoran

May 10, 2002
    croatia
    no doubt:)