1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any Halo Custom Bass Success Stories?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BlueShox, Jan 23, 2018.

1. BlueShox

BlueShox Registered Turtle

Jul 14, 2007
    West Columbia, SC
    Been investigating into Halo for potentially having a custom built soon. At the very least I'm going to take what I've done with their builder and look into having somebody make me something similar, but would like to hear if anybody has ordered a Halo bass and had a 100% satisfied experience?

I've researched and seen all the negative stories. The two most famous:

15 months for a build, guy somehow ends up with a mud-gray Ibanez knock-off:
    Ordered a custom bass, 15 mo's later...still don't have it.

13 months for a build, customer loves instrument:
    New Bass Day: Halo Custom Guitars Build

I'm even more weary because I'm looking for a multiscale. I know this is a newer trend in the bass world and I have seen 0 reviews or even photos of a Halo multiscale.

Photo of my build attached for reference. Primarily interested in 5-string Jaguar body style with burl top, active pre-amp, and multiscale fanned frets. This is just over 2K on their online builder.

Alternatives: while not a Jaguar body, if Kiesel offered the JB5 in multiscale that might would scratch my itch. Dingwall Super J with a fun top wood is out of my price range.

My-Halo-Custom-Bass (2).jpg

2. BlueShox

Jul 14, 2007
    West Columbia, SC
    I've actually sourced my build out to a Chinese custom shop familiar with the production of multi-scale basses, so I'm anticipating a March delivery. I'll make a thread detailing the process once it's complete.

3. Charlzm

Charlzm

Mar 25, 2011
    Los Angeles, CA
    So... did you get your custom bass yet?

4. BlueShox

Jul 14, 2007
    West Columbia, SC
    I got a notice that it shipped today as a matter of fact! I received an "in-progress" photo about a month and a half ago, so there is some evidence it will at least look vaguely like what I commissioned, so I'll be sure to update when it arrives. It should take another 2-3 weeks I'm sure.
    HTB1pD11gH1YBuNjSszeq6yblFXan.jpg

Charlzm likes this.