any hard tablature out there?

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by finno_gilbo, Sep 11, 2002.

1. finno_gilbo

Jul 31, 2002
    australia NSW
    Does anyone know of tablature that is difficult?
    most songs I look up are so easy to learn and I need a challenge, but not impossible stuff by people like les and jaco. possibly something that takes a while to learn.
    it can be slap or anything that requires fast strumming, or requires good technique, any solos, anything, i'd like it all.
    also does anyone know of any john butler trio tab. i know its mostly improv but still!!!

thank you
  2. wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Stuff that is technically hard would be a nightmare to tab - it's going to depend on so many rhythmics nuances and the like that are very hard to convey in ASCII based tab. I've seen some fairly complex stuff in guitar magazines, like Tommy the Cat by Primus but that was tab alongside standard notatation, not an attempt to recreate it in a text based format.

How about searching out something like the Bass Extremes book by Victor Wooten and Steve Bailey. It's got a standard notation / tab mix, accompanying cd and plenty of stuff to keep you going... ;)

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Go to and look for advanced and expert lessons.

There is plenty of stuff there to keep you busy, if you need difficult material to work with.

Why don't you learn some of it and then post an mp3, so we can hear it?
  4. Some Cheli Peppers song can be diffecult/moderate, and funky !:)
  5. and another spam-filter sweeps the forum.. * sigh *