any hartke bass attack pedal users???

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sbbassslapper, Jan 14, 2005.

1. I'm trying to see other users thoughts about it, personally i think the pedal is awesome, i just wanted to see what other users thought of it, and what there favorite settings where.
  2. the low one

the low one

Feb 21, 2002
    I'm not but I like the look of it. Is it as good as the Sansamp? 'cos it's only half the price. What's the OD like?
  3. spidersbass

Nov 29, 2004
    Downtown L.A.
    what the hell does that pedal do anyway? i've always seen it and magazines but the clerk at the store (for some odd reason) doesn't let me use it to try it out... pretty stupid of him.
  4. :bassist: that is pretty stupid of the guy, cuz i went to samash where i live(columbus, oh) and they let me try it out for like an hour, but anyway, it does exactly what the sansamp does, it just looks more heavy duty, it also uses the hartke shape technology, and it allows you to shape your tone anyway you want to, it has some setting you can try out to sound like certain bassist like tool's schism, greenday's longview, its really nice, i haven't been dissapointed with it yet. i turn it off, and i can't figure out how i played without it! to give you an idea of what i have, i have a 18' peavey, (5ft tall cab) with an ampeg b5r head(includes overdrive channel) and a yamaha rbx170(cheap bass but i like the tone of them) i only started playing bass about 8 months ago, and i like it better then playing guitar.
  5. spidersbass

Nov 29, 2004
    Downtown L.A.
    yea, the guy was like, "are you gonna buy it?", and i says to him, "well, that depends on how i like it, i gotta try it out first", so he says to me "i can't let you use it unless you ARE gonna buy it", and i says to him "fine, i'll buy it", so he says to me "give me the money first, then you can try it"... the argument went on and on and i really pissed him off, it was effin' hilarious!

anyways, so does it have any effects on it or is it just to kinda emulate other cabs and heads? cuz i already have a harkte head with the shape effect... i guess i'll just go to samash, to damn far though.
  6. mike1968

mike1968 Guest

Nov 12, 2004
    e'ville Indiana
    I just ordered one of these 15 min. ago, I don't think I'll be disappointed ;)
  7. artitrol

Jan 15, 2005
    i just ordered one yesterday, i think it's a good thing that can give me a warm and rich tone, so i look forward to that...
  8. These things look nice. There's a review of one in Bass Guitar Magazine. It seems to have more features than my Sansamp but for a much lwoer price. I might try one out.
  9. Will this thing give you mroe warmth and growl than a Sansamp? Cuz my Sansamp only really adds a grindy tone, not much burp or growl.
  10. :rollno: :rollno: :rollno: :rollno: :rollno: :rollno: :rollno: :rollno: :rollno: :rollno:

Who was it that said youth is wasted on the young?? ;) ;) ;)
  11. it will definatley give it growl, i still amaze myself with how my setup sounds with out, and its just amazing!!

am ampeg b5r head(500watts of power)
    peavey black widow 18" speaker cab(new ambient speaker)
    yamahammer rbx170

makes it sound mean!
  12. if you want to hear how it sounds with my setup, its not the best recording but its from practices that we have had when i first got the bass pedal :bassist:

they are marked with a date of 12-6-04
  13. John Herzog

John Herzog

Jun 14, 2002
    Schertz, TX
    Anyone use one of these direct to the PA? If so, how do you like it.
  14. Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    I'd like to know a little more about this too. There's one at a local store that I can pick up for $50...

15. i would have picked that up like yesterday! you won't be dissapointed, because they started out as $149, sale is $99 and you can get it for 50 bucks? hmmmm i'd say if you like it or not your spending less money then i did, and i highly doubt you'll be dissapointed, like i said you can hear a difference in my bass if you listen to our song bleed on our website( ((off of the music link))), and then go to directory), and listen to the ones marked with 12-6-04, and you'll find my bass sounds completely different. even if you don't like our style of music, you can still notice a good difference. :bassist:
  16. Planet Boulder

Planet Boulder Hey, this is a private Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2001
    6,482 feet above sea level
    I once had impure thoughts. Oh, and I pluck my ear hair.
    Looking at your profile, I'm going to venture a guess that the bozo sales guy was prejudging you based upon your age. He's probably convinced himself that nobody under the age of 20 will buy anything in his store and he didn't want to waste time with you.

I know this from experience - I used to get the brush-off years ago because I was just some "putzy teenager" who was, in their minds, only interested in wasting their time by trying out new things in their store. In the end, a few sales were lost to some music stores who blew me off. i ended up buying my Fender P-Bass back in '83 from a store that afforded me respect, even though i had been in there a bunch of times to try things out prior.
  17. spidersbass

Nov 29, 2004
    Downtown L.A.
    yea pretty much. but there are a lot of punk kids around my area that just go to places like that and just mess around, they only give you good service if your with your mom or somthing. and there are even some dudes at samash that get pissed when you turn up the stacks, and they always hide the chords. when i went to go buy my new rig i turned it up pretty high so i can hear it at higher volumes, see how it holds up... this guy came and shut off my rig, i got pissed i almost threw the bass at him (but i can't hurt an innocent bass like that). guitar center has always been good to me though, too bad they dont' sell hartke.
  18. Anyone have any new input on these since this thread died?
  19. Any reviews on this pedal yet good or bad ??