1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any help identifing my Marshall cab?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ErrorFlynn, Dec 6, 2011.

1. ErrorFlynn

ErrorFlynn

Jul 18, 2011
    Hi!
    I bought this cab from a friend of mine few years ago. When bought the cab was already missing the front grill and had some bumps on it.
    After an incident involving microphone stand and my cab the element got busted and I havent used it since. I was nearly throwing th ecab away but then I happend to look it a litle closer and foun out it was a Marshall cabinet. Having a silver/grey tolex on it I immediatly thought it would be a silver jubilee model. I havent have any luck conforming that it indeed is a silver jubilee model so could someone help me with this?
    It says in the back that its model is 1515 and serial number is 1488.
    Is this a silver jubilee model? if not then what is it, being silver/grey and all? Do You think theres any point rewieving it to its former glory?

Attached Files:

2. AdamR

AdamR

Sep 24, 2007
    Bethel CT
    there was a silver jube bass head listed on my local craigslist not to long ago.

3. Clammy

Clammy

Nov 3, 2008
    Ottawa, Canada
    Endorsing Artist: Neal Moser Guitars, DR Strings
  4. Hi.

Yep, a jubilee cab.

Not necessarily a bad cab with a better driver, but IIRC, the original lacks quite badly. Nowhere near the value the price would made one assume back when they were new. I've seen some outrageous asking prices on these as well. IMHO anyway.

Download WinISD and model some "modern" speakers using the existing porting to see what would fit best. Shelve ports aren't the easiest to mod, so I'd aim for a close match.

Regards
    Sam

5. ErrorFlynn

ErrorFlynn

Jul 18, 2011
    Thanks for the answers!
    I will now go back to wondering what to do with it. Being a jubilee cab gave plus one for restoring but i'm still wondering if it will be worth it.
    Oh well... will see...

6. All these Marshall cabs seem to be getting popular all of a sudden (now that i've bought one, I suspect, haha j/k)

But seriously, they are okay cabinets, I wouldn't pay more than $400 for one.

I'm glad I got my hands on one before the price jumps. Im starting to see them for 5-6 hundred dollars now.