1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any help identifying Westone

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jaco944, Apr 13, 2015.

1. jaco944

jaco944 Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2005
    image. Hey folks, just got this off of Epay super cheap. Wasn't expecting much but after a quick set up it sounds and plays great. I think it's a Westone Spectrum II, has the W bird logo but no name (ie: Westone Spectrum) no serial number. There was once a sticker on the rear headstock (gone). I'm assuming it's Korean or maybe Chinese.

Attached Files:

2. The Westone Spectrum was the 1st bass I ever bought back in the early 80`s. Followed it up with the Westone Pantera Bass. Great starter basses. Can`t remember where they were made, but from your pic, I don`t remember any having what looks like a standard Fender bridge. If memory serves, there were 2 top-load options. One allowed you to feed the strings thru the back of the bridge, the other allowed you to drop the ball-end of the string below the bridge`s base from the top, for quicker string changes. Nice find. I`d love to play one again. I believe they`re Japanese, but not sure.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2015
  3. Wow, the very first bass I ever owned was that exact bass, never thought I'd see one again. I had no idea it was even made by Westone until just recently. At the time I had it I thought it was crap, but in retrospect it was a pretty good starter bass yeah.

4. jaco944

jaco944 Supporting Member

Apr 13, 2005
    They must age well. I to remember playing them in the 80's and thinking "fair starter bass, nothing remarkable". But this thing is a workhorse, solid and sounds great.