1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Any honda tuners here on tb??

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Worshipbass12, Sep 30, 2013.

1. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12

Feb 23, 2013
    Nw georgia
    Hey guys just wondering if there are any honda guys here, maybe we can start a club and help each other with advice and share photos tips etc....
    I have an 01 civic ex coupe with a 2" drop and need to replace the factory struts any recommendations for good ones that won't break the bank?

2. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12

Feb 23, 2013
    Nw georgia
    Suprising

3. 3star2nr

3star2nr

Jun 2, 2013
    Tokicos are badass and they have a line of shocks the HTS series that are actually shorter than the standard shocks so you will get full susension travel.

Suspension travel is the key to good handling and long life of the shock.The HTS's are also adjustable, They are a good setup for someone just getting into suspension tuning.

Koni als has good shocks. for about the same price round 600 for the set.

If you wanna go more radical and your not going to drive the car everyday Id go for full coilovers. The issue with coilovers why they are rough on the street is that the spring rates you get on most of them are too high, but you can call the company and they will send you custom rates and alot of companies like TEIN and KW sell coilovers specifically for street cars. plan to pay 1200+ for this setup but its so worth it. You will have to spend quite a bit of time tweaking it after you get it to get the car to handle at its most optimum. (thats of course subjective)

Another thing you absolutely must have are camber plates, that radically changes the handling of your car, more camber = more response, more traction in turns but reduced tire life and braking performance because you have a smaller contact patch when the wheel is straight. (note coilovers come with these built in for mcpherson strut cars, and might come with a seperate upper control arm for double wishbone cars)

I used to run -2 in my AE86 was taking corners above 90mph making miatas look like oldsmobiles

4. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12

Feb 23, 2013
    Nw georgia
    Yeah i have been looking at tokico yellows looks like i can get a full set under 300 bucks

5. 3star2nr

3star2nr

Jun 2, 2013
    whatever shocks you get make sure they are adjuastable and that they are designed for your lower drop. If you get shocks that are meant for your stock ride height they will blow out in 3 months or so depending on the quality of your local roads.

6. Worshipbass12

Worshipbass12

Feb 23, 2013
    Nw georgia
    Local roads here are aweful and yeah thats why i am asking because this is my first honda build mostly have done trucks lots of s10's and my last build was an 83 c10 so this honda stuff is new territory