1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Any horn players??????

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Rooney, Apr 7, 2006.

1. Rooney

Rooney

Jan 5, 2006
    Kenton, Oh
    A bass player first.....collector of everything else musical second.........

I have a really old King Trumpet. I had it worked on to get the vlaves working and such. Well the guy that worked on it, said that I should put it in a glass case and never play it. Lips lost too much strength since school anyway.....so sure..done..

Anyway, this thing is engraved the whole length of the horn all the way around the bell. The person that worked on it says it is made of silver and gold plated. Where would I find a gallery to find out shat exactly it is. I looked all over the net and can't find it. Wondering if there are any horn player here that know of such a site.

Thanks,
    Ron

2. Rooney

Rooney

Jan 5, 2006
    Kenton, Oh
    Thanks for the reply, Joshua....

I didn't see one.......Where would it be located ?? I'm now itching to look at it this very moment...and I'm a work of course.

On another note, my Dad gave a bass trumpet about a month ago. He works at a music store and it's beat up pretty bad, but the valves work pretty good. Missing the mouthpiece though.

3. Rooney

Rooney

Jan 5, 2006
    Kenton, Oh

The guy that worked on it before has passed since. that was a couple of years ago. I assumed he did know what he was talking of though.

thanks for the number, I'll try that tonight.

Ron

4. NJL

NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
  5. Rooney

Rooney

Jan 5, 2006
    Kenton, Oh